Tow vs. Luxury Group Mirror Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram Classic Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

I am about to finalize an order for a new Classic Warlock. I plan on pulling a boat or camper, but 95% of the time it's just a second vehicle.

I have included the "Luxury Group" which has mirrors that are power folding, heated, etc. There is an option that I've not selected on this build which adds "Power Black Trailer-Tow Mirrors". I don't understand the specifics on how this differs to the one already included in the "Luxury Group".

For example, I'm assuming the "tow mirrors" extend further out, but I don't know if they can be extended and brought back in, or are they "fixed" sticking out further? Do they still power fold? Do they still have the split mirror configuration (small outer mirror)?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the URL for the build:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The towing mirrors stick out further than the regular mirrors, also the mirror part flips up for use while towing.
Regular mirror:
iris.jpeg
Towing mirrors:
15087910601524663402.jpg
Unless something has changed the towing mirrors on a 1500 don't power fold in, just the upper glass is power moveable.
There are aftermarket power-fold in OEM replica towing mirrors available that are plug-n-play with the standard mirror that does power fold in.
Another option if you want a power fold mirror is the Fit System clip-on towing mirror for on the standard mirror.
Fit System K-Source 80710 Snap-On Towing Mirrors for Dodge Ram 1500 (09+), 2500/3500 (10+) https://a.co/d/33zRFfT

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tow with regular mirrors and don't have any problems.
Depends on the trailer your towing. A 20 or 25ft flatbed, even with a car on it isn't that hard to see around, but a full width 20ft enclosed or travel trailer, you really need them.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just last week, i was reading about Ram Mirrors that would be extending.
I can't say for sure that they are OEM

What i don't remember reading, was if it was going to happen this Production year or next.

It might be worth checking out

Last edited:

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just last week, i was reading about Ram Mirrors that would be extending.

What i don't remember reading, was if it was going to happen this Production year or next.

It might be worth checking out
They’re replacing the flip up mirrors for 2023, but not on the classics. Me personally, I hate them with a passion! Lol