Truck doesn't start with bunch of caution lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunLee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi!

I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie. This morning, it didn't start with bunch of caution lights and messages. There are three lights on, ABS, Electronic braking (maybe traction control), and air suspension. Messages are changing everytime I tried to start, but the only common message is the air suspension service one. There was no sign for this issue before. One of the headlight bulb is out since a couple of days ago, but I believe it is not really relevant. When I tried to start, the power comes on, like the A/C and screen are working, but not cranking with some sort of blinking of instruments panel. Do you have any idea of what the hell is going on my truck? And, since I don't have that many experiences with these kind of issues, should I go for the dealership mechanics or just a third part mechanics that are doing a full auto repair service is okay?

Thanks in advance.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The battery would be the first thing I would look at also. It takes a LOT more power to run the starter and fire up the engine, so the battery can have enough power to turn on lights and the radio but not enough power to engage the starter. If the battery has low voltage it can definitely trigger random multiple warning lights on the dash.
Always a chance something else is going on, but the battery would be the first thing I would look at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357