Tuner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DustanT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 24v cummins
So I've never ran a tuner on anything I've owned. I have a 2011 with 3.55 gears and 35's, even before I ran 35's I wanted to get just a nice tune that would make the truck more sporty on the throttle, the shifting is kinda soft to. I've looked and found one that can change tire size, changes shifting, octane tunes ect. Superchips flashpaq F5. Can they disable MDS and are tuners safe? I'm not looking or expecting crazy HP increase just a smoother sporty truck feel.

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hy, I don't know if the Superchips do that but the Diablosport Intune I3 I use does everything you are talking about even disable MDS.
It work fine on my truck a 2012 with a 3.55 gear.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would also recommend a Diablo tuner. I would also highly recommend you get a custom tune that is written specifically for your truck. Contact Matt at Moe's Performance for more detailed information. He is a preferred vendor on this forum. He works closely with Hemifever who does the custom tuning.
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd recommend a Diablosport programmer.

Further, I'd recommend you get a Diablosport I3 Platinum (or Predator 2 Platinum) and custom tune. Moe's Performance has a great package deal for both items. The tune is by Hemifever and he does excellent work. I really liked the results I got with his tune on a 2014 Ram 2500 with the 6.4L HEMI.

docwho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd recommend the flashpaq f5. On ebay they occasionally have reconditioned ones for 150 dollars. You can disable mds, remove speed limiter, change tire and gear ratio. It also comes with the tow, 87 octance perforamnce, 91 and 93 octane performance and has whats called superchips enhanced shiftpoints built into the tunes. I've switched mine around to all the different tunes. I'm currently at the 87 octane performance tune.

Dice

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a Flashpaq for my 11. I really liked it.
I have a Diablo for my 13, and it does do more, but I think it would have been a waste on the 11 when the SC can be had so much cheaper.
I didn't get a custom tune with either one. The 87 performance in the SC was a great tune for my 11. I was running 35s on it.

OP
OP
DustanT

DustanT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 24v cummins
Thanks guys for your input, I'll get a hold of moe's.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd recommend a Diablosport programmer.

Further, I'd recommend you get a Diablosport I3 Platinum (or Predator 2 Platinum) and custom tune. Moe's Performance has a great package deal for both items. The tune is by Hemifever and he does excellent work. I really liked the results I got with his tune on a 2014 Ram 2500 with the 6.4L HEMI.

Whats the differance between the two?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not much if anything except the form factor. Same tunes, same process to upload to your vehicle, both can be updated via your computer with a USB connection, etc...

I3:

diablosport-intune-i3-tuner-hero.jpg

Predator 2:

diablosport-predator-2-dodge-cars-7301-1.gif

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not much if anything except the form factor. Same tunes, same process to upload to your vehicle, both can be updated via your computer with a USB connection, etc...

I3:

diablosport-intune-i3-tuner-hero.jpg

Predator 2:

diablosport-predator-2-dodge-cars-7301-1.gif
is one just a newer version of the other? I notice the blue one is about $30 cheaper

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
is one just a newer version of the other? I notice the blue one is about $30 cheaper

The P2 is a single vehicle only and doesn't have the touch screen. If these had been out and on sale when I did my PCM swap/I3 Platinum purchases on sale I'd have 2 P2's instead of 2 I3s (Ended up being cheaper with the sales than actually using the multivehicle I3 licenses). Also the touch screen is pretty meh so personally I'd go with the P2.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not really. The original programmer for the MOPAR Hemi engines was the Predator. It was introduced sometime in 2007 IIRC.

The programmer evolution kinda went like this:

1. Predator
2. Trinity - production continues to this day
3. InTune
4. InTune 2
5. InTune 3
6. InTune 2 Platinum
7. Trinity Platinum
8. InTune 3 Platinum
9. Predator 2

Again, the current models are all pretty much the same with respects to the canned tunes. Some user features and tune modification options might be different as you move forward in time and up in model.

I'd suggest you go to their website and look at the difference between the I3 and the Predator 2. Also, keep in mind that any current generation programmer with the "Platinum" designation will accept custom tunes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish