UConnect / SiriusXM SNAFU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snow Wanderer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have SiriusXM and UConnect in my 2019 1500 Limited. I live in Michigan. When I ask 'Say and Go' for 'coffee shops near me' it returns with addresses in Irving Texas! It never returns with any addresses outside of Texas... over a thousand miles away from me!

Now if I just say 'coffee shops', it will return coffee shops within a few miles of my location.

I have talked with UConnect, Sirius, the dealership, etc, and each states it is not their issue and to call the others.

When I tried to update the system, I get a warning screen not to purchase the update because the newer version will cause issues with my system.

So, does anyone else get UConnect address returns in Texas, even if you are in other States?

None of my registration information has any mention or connection to Texas!!!

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At least it returns addresses for you. Every time I try the voice recognition for directions, I always get the ding ding. After 3 or 4 times, I end up screaming a string of curse words at it that would make Andrew Dice Clay proud, shut the thing off, pull over, and manually type the address in. The only thing that works for me is dialing phone numbers when I speak every number. I think it's a waste of money and causes more distracted driving than not.

Maybe yours is hearing "Irving" when you say "near me?" Perhaps a longer pause between near and me?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not run Nav on mine since a 4C Radio only, not capable. But the phone stuff does work, I can say a complete number to call, or after truck has loaded phone book, have truck call once I identify which number. But I have a lowly Straight Radio Bighorn trim.

If I do mapping thru my phone like Google Maps, sometimes I get close, a lot of times I keep getting NV and CA, lol and I'm in Texas. Voice to text is extremely unreliable, IMHO.

Jensben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6 Pentastar
At least it returns addresses for you. Every time I try the voice recognition for directions, I always get the ding ding. After 3 or 4 times, I end up screaming a string of curse words at it that would make Andrew Dice Clay proud, shut the thing off, pull over, and manually type the address in. The only thing that works for me is dialing phone numbers when I speak every number. I think it's a waste of money and causes more distracted driving than not.

Maybe yours is hearing "Irving" when you say "near me?" Perhaps a longer pause between near and me?
! Me too - have started inventing new cusswords . Yes. More distracted driving.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
Welcome from Texas just a little NW of Irving. Uconnect is not an exact science. Try doing it from the passenger seat. Different Mic.

I had trouble until I called Uconnect and was told there was a dealer only update. Took care of a lot of the trouble.

Try doing it by zip code. Might work.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just tried this last week. Looking for a store that was only a couple miles from me.
I am in NC and it kept giving me stores in VA.
I tried all kinds of different ways of phrasing the inquiry and then gave up.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I tried using the "Talk" button on the steering wheel several times. Can't even call with the freakin thing, it's NEVER able to understand. I end up cursing as well. Such a USELESS piece of crap.

I connect my phone to my system then I just use Google by saying OK Google or I press the MIC in Android Auto on my screen when I need something.