upgraded evic and tradein

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I upgraded the evic in my Ram 1500 within the first couple months of owning it. I had it programmed to the exact mileage/hours on the engine. Should I have the original dic reprogrammed and installed or just leave the upgraded evic in if I trade it in? I know there are laws against odometer tampering, but if checked against the PCM, there shouldn't be more than a 1 mile discrepancy.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I upgraded the evic in my Ram 1500 within the first couple months of owning it. I had it programmed to the exact mileage/hours on the engine. Should I have the original dic reprogrammed and installed or just leave the upgraded evic in if I trade it in? I know there are laws against odometer tampering, but if checked against the PCM, there shouldn't be more than a 1 mile discrepancy.
I think you’ll make out better if you reprogram the original and reinstall it, then sell the 7” EVIC. The dealer won’t give you any more for the truck with the upgraded cluster. If you’re getting another FCA vehicle, spend the ~$120 on the AlfaOBD software and Bluetooth adapter, and program it yourself- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you’ll make out better if you reprogram the original and reinstall it, then sell the 7” EVIC. The dealer won’t give you any more for the truck with the upgraded cluster. If you’re getting another FCA vehicle, spend the ~$120 on the AlfaOBD software and Bluetooth adapter, and program it yourself- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/
And as some of you know.... I have a step-by-step totorial on that [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

John Wauters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this an option for a 2011 Dodge Ram? I don't see these setting in alfaobd for it?