VHR RAMConnect Issue - Powertrain MIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I received my December Vehicle Health Report from RAMConnect for my 2022 Rebel and it claims that there is an MIL on for my powertrain. I’m fairly vigilant when it comes to watching for these things and have never noticed any MIL displayed and there are no stored messages in my info centre. And, seemingly, my truck is running well.
I received multiple notifications from the app as well as email notifications so it seems a little strange to say the least.
I stopped by my dealership and asked if I should be concerned. They told me that occasionally “erroneous messages” are sent out via RAMConnect and that I should rely on my truck’s monitoring systems.
Any thoughts from anyone on this? Or has anyone experienced the same thing?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thank you for reaching out. If concerns are still present, we'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling RAMConnect to ensure the latest version is active. If you require further assistance please send us a private message, we'll do our best to accommodate your needs.

Chris,
Ram Cares

OP
OP
LemmysDad

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RamCares I tried this and the alert is still showing on RAMConnect and I’m receiving multiple VHRs some claiming everything is in good working order and some saying there is a powertrain MIL. Very concerning as I’m not certain which is correct my truck or the VHR. Also, how can I be sure my MIL is working? I’m close to being out of warranty as well.

OP
OP
LemmysDad

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Head over to a large auto parts store & request that they hook up one of their scan tools.
They should give you any codes that they find

here is a complete code list

Thanks was hooked up to OBD. No codes found. I’m thinking that it’s some glitch in the super helpful new technology.