VP3 NA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought VP3 NA used, the touch screen is off. Example, to X out of something I need to press way up in corner. Not sure if there is an easy fix. To top it off, since I don’t have audio controls on the steering wheel, I can’t seem to change volume. Anyone have any ideas or advice? 2B9117C0-9515-4512-9E58-6C86219EA607.jpeg plus does anyone know what the purple plug is for. Thank you and pm me if you want about this.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I bought VP3 NA used, the touch screen is off. Example, to X out of something I need to press way up in corner. Not sure if there is an easy fix. To top it off, since I don’t have audio controls on the steering wheel, I can’t seem to change volume. Anyone have any ideas or advice? View attachment 235830 plus does anyone know what the purple plug is for. Thank you and pm me if you want about this.
Purple plug is cellular antenna...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Klink

Klink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gotcha, do you know if there is volume control built in the radio that i can’t seem to find?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Gotcha, do you know if there is volume control built in the radio that i can’t seem to find?
I'm guessing you came from a lower tier factory radio. You need to add steering wheel controls or do the full 8.4 upgrade if you want to control volume. I do not recommended anything from Infotainment to do this upgrade...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Did you change just the radio? Not the bezel too? The 8.4 dash bezel has the radio controls on it

OP
OP
Klink

Klink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only changed the radio, I will look at the bezel. Thank you, as far infotainment, way over priced. lol.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Go to the AlfaOBD section in the forum and read the RA2 to RA3/RA4 Conversion thread listed on the first page...It lists parts required (Harness from m2 mods, bezel, other parts)...I just did this mod and I'm waiting on the harness pkg...