What’s the best route for a nice aggressive tone for my 15 ram express 5.7 on a budget ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Hemi 345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a flowmaster 40 installed right now with factory dual exhaust and resonators .
I wanted to install 5” tips and delete my resonators but I was advised that the flowmaster is not a very good muffler option and now am wondering what’s the best option I can go from here on some type of budget ‍♂️. Thanks guys I truly appreciate it .

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going for the Borla S-Type cat back. Nick at gotexhaust is a preferred vendor here and would be a great contact to provide recommendations as well.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eliminate flow master
Keep resonators
Add 5 inch tips.
Just my opinion

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This is my '19 Classic with a Flowmaster 40-series, single in dual out. The rest is totally factory. IMO that's plenty loud enough to be heard without disturbing everyone within half a mile or having horrible drone in the cab at highway speeds.

Bigger tips would give you a bit more sound, but if you want more aggressive than that you'll need to go with something like a Magnaflow or Borla. Also, for the record, you're not really going to gain any power with just a muffler swap. You'll need to do headers, true dual exhaust and a tune to notice any gains.

OP
OP
Tom Hemi 345

Tom Hemi 345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Eliminate flow master
Keep resonators
Add 5 inch tips.
Just my opin
Eliminate flow master
Keep resonators
Add 5 inch tips.
Just my opinion
so you think deleting my flowmaster 40 (muffler delete) and leaving stock resonators and just adding 5” tips would make it sound better than just adding 5” tips to the already existing exhaust ?

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Muffler delete is gonna be a LOT louder.

I mean if you want your neighbors ears to bleed that's on you. Might also draw the ire of Johnny Law, depending on where you drive.

hogan1945

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Attachments

• 2023-06-04 18.22.32.jpg
    2023-06-04 18.22.32.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 7

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have one of these from speedway, "high flow" muffler. Good sound & volume when driving but a little loud when starting on a cold morning. The weld holding the outlet on snapped after about a year but 5min with a welder to fix and good since. Considering how loud this is, I certainly would not do a muffler delete. My Sierra was straight piped for a while and it got annoying, and that '93 had a lot less roar than a hemi does.

muffler.png

OP
OP
Tom Hemi 345

Tom Hemi 345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
40 series Flow Master / aFe 5" stainless tips

I have a 40 series flowmaster on my truck now . Stock Cat , resonators, and factory tips . Do you have any videos of your truck with the 5” tips ? I’m pretty loud now just wanted a bit more louder and a little deeper I know the bigger tips would give me that deepness . Am in Miami FL as long as I stay away from South Beach I should be okay . And my neighbors already have to deal with my other nearby neighbor with a hellcat with Corsa exhaust lmao.