What Headlight upgrade did you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi Maestro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to upgrade my 2017 stock projector bulbs. What is everyone running in 2023? LEDs or HIDs? How have they been working for you?

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On my 2017 I did a Morimoto 6000K HID upgrade. It was plug and play with no errors experienced at all. I also did the fogs at the same time.2017 34.jpg

2017 43.jpg

I got the kit from JJ at Retroshop.

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HID kit from a site vendor- @Underground Lighting
Had them in for about 8 months now and they have been awesome. I even had an issue where I didn’t put the cap on the back of the headlight correctly and it filled with about 3 cups worth of water and the headlights didn’t have any issues even after my turn signal went out

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I initially replaced the factory bulbs (projector housing) with Fahren LED's as they seemed to have a good reputation on this forum. 6,000K, don't recall what the wattage was. Terrible light pattern and in inclement weather I couldn't see s$$t. I just received a HID kit from Headlight Revolution (4,000K, 35W) to replace the LED's but I have not installed them yet. I went with HR instead of Underground Lighting because I wanted a lower K value than what UL had to offer (the lowest they have is 6,000K). Quite a significant price difference between the two companies, but I am tired of making mistakes with my lighting choices and want to be done with this. It will be quite some time before I know how well the HID's work- it won't be dark here for for a couple of months at least...... YMMV

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I started with halogens and upgraded them to a set of ebay projectors with Innovited HIDs from Amazon. Ran that for 3 years until the projectors started to delaminate. Recently swapped them for AlphaRex HD style projectors with Innovited 55w 5000k HID. I'm running Fahren LEDs in the high beams.

The 55w ballast and 5000k bulbs look pure white; no blue at all.

I used AlfaOBD and changed everything to HID/LED. No flickering, no bulb out messages, etc.

OP
OP
Hemi Maestro

Hemi Maestro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started with halogens and upgraded them to a set of ebay projectors with Innovited HIDs from Amazon. Ran that for 3 years until the projectors started to delaminate. Recently swapped them for AlphaRex HD style projectors with Innovited 55w 5000k HID. I'm running Fahren LEDs in the high beams.

I used AlfaOBD and changed everything to HID/LED. No flickering, no bulb out messages, etc.
So you are still running the same Innovited kit?

Last edited:

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm curious how this is working out several months later? I've got AlphaRex Pro projectors with Amazon LED's. I haven't loved the low beams, and I'm starting to investigate the upgrade to HID.

skates15

Reaction score
Just got Diodedynamics Elite series OEM style yellow LED lamp replacement.