Wheel Load Specifications?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbgross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 RAM Shortbed, 2WD, 5.7L. Want to put AR VN315 22" wheels on it. However, shop says they wont do it because the load limit on the wheel is 1700lbs. The stock wheels are 2500lb limit. Is anyone running a 22" Torq Thrust wheel? Have we seen any issue with this. The truck does not haul anything, Pulls a MC trailer from time to time. Should I be good?

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Either go to a different shop or buy the wheels, drop them off at the tire shop to have the tires mounted, then put them on the truck yourself. If you know that you aren't going to exceed that 1700lb weight limit then don't let them stop you.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I have done as @rzr6-4 suggested myself when I wished to install non-standard tires. However I was upgrading, not downgrading.

Have you weighed your truck? I expect the front axle weight empty is close to 3k. Leaving you a whole 400# of reserve for passengers. Eat light.