Which mud flaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robclassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello

I’m trying to improve my 2023 ram 1500 classic tradesman

My running boards get covered in mud

What would be the best brand/style of flaps to simply keep my running boards free of mud buildup? One trip to the woods and I get 2+ inches of mud for 3 feet along the running board

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
There are lots of choices out there. Just know you'll still get mud build up even with mud flaps. There will just be a cleaner area closer to the wheel well. The larger the flap the larger the "clean" area will be. We went with Mopar rubber mud flaps because they cover (protect) a larger area than most of the smaller molded ones.

RealTruck

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The Husky Liners® Custom Molded Mud Flaps are an impact resistant, all-weather material that are a no-drill install. The custom molded design ensures superior protection from muddy incidents and flying debris.

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed Rokblokz flaps several weeks ago. No drilling, no wheel removal. Comes in regular size which affords great protection for my 1500, and an XL if you go wider than stock size tires. Price would be about $160 for your truck. (Made in USA). Front flaps 8 1/4” & rear flaps 10” above pavement, semi rigid, will flex. Provide good protection from debris thrown up from tires. Truck has not been washed in a couple weeks and area behind flaps clean. Installed Mopar running boards a week ago and will be doing a lot of riding on unpaved roads (mud & gravel) this summer. I expect them to significantly reduce mud buildup on the running boards and underside of truck but will know for sure in a couple months. Suggest you visit Rokblokz.com for more detailed info.

Attachments

• IMG_5999.jpeg
    IMG_5999.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5998.jpeg
    IMG_5998.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robclassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are many options

Does anyone have any experience with the husky long John mud flaps?

OP
OP
R

Robclassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess I have to make my own.

Nothing a sheet of black polypropylene can’t do

Husky discontinued the long johns and I don’t want the little ***** ones that don’t keep the mud off

OP
OP
R

Robclassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
But they don’t keep the mud off the running boards.

People think they look nice though.