Will Fram XG2 fit in my 2013 - See Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ok...Ok...Ok, I know, it's been beaten to death, but I figured I'd just throw these pics up to see what everyone thinks. I have the electric power steering in my 2013, but I think the rack was changed on later models as there is still a bunch of room on top of my rack, so depth of filter isn't an issue. I know on the trucks with the 8spd the cooling lines are in the way, mine don't appear to be, I have a 6spd. But the current smaller filter (Fram Titanium FS 10060) is like right at the end of the mounting surface, anything wider is going to hang over, but I don't think it matters much since the gasket surface is the same and will mount the same or does it?

Anyone know how much wider the XG2 (or Titanium FS2) are? Only issue I see looking at it is that wire loom next to the oil pan, that might possible give me a pain with clearance.

I only ask because I found 3 or 4 Fram Titanium FS2 at my local AAP that still have the wire backing and pink full syn media, so basically OG Ultras. Guess nobody wants to pay the $12.50 for them and they've been sitting there. If they will fit in here I will buy them all, if not I will just get the 10060 still.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9712.jpg
    IMG_9712.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9713.jpg
    IMG_9713.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9714.jpg
    IMG_9714.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9715.jpg
    IMG_9715.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 26

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ran the larger filter on my ram once, had it left over from my last jeep. It fit, but it's snug going in and will make a mess coming out

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok...Ok...Ok, I know, it's been beaten to death, but I figured I'd just throw these pics up to see what everyone thinks. I have the electric power steering in my 2013, but I think the rack was changed on later models as there is still a bunch of room on top of my rack, so depth of filter isn't an issue. I know on the trucks with the 8spd the cooling lines are in the way, mine don't appear to be, I have a 6spd. But the current smaller filter (Fram Titanium FS 10060) is like right at the end of the mounting surface, anything wider is going to hang over, but I don't think it matters much since the gasket surface is the same and will mount the same or does it?

Anyone know how much wider the XG2 (or Titanium FS2) are? Only issue I see looking at it is that wire loom next to the oil pan, that might possible give me a pain with clearance.

I only ask because I found 3 or 4 Fram Titanium FS2 at my local AAP that still have the wire backing and pink full syn media, so basically OG Ultras. Guess nobody wants to pay the $12.50 for them and they've been sitting there. If they will fit in here I will buy them all, if not I will just get the 10060 still.

Thanks!
It's the later trucks with the oil cooler that have the issues.Back before i went to remote filters,i used the 20-820 RP with no issues on my 14 with the 8 speed,but it's early enough it doesn't have the cooler

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Better yet, go to walmart and get fram fe2 buddy. These are rp and amsoil ea clones, only sold at walmart. Same price, rp 20-820 clone but for 2 inlet holes. Now when someone says fram sucks they have to include amsoil filters suck and rp filters suck, doesnt have the same ring now.

OP
OP
S

Southbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ok, I've been reading just about everything I can about synthetic oil and filters pertaining to the Hemi on this forum, other forums and bob's.....I've basically narrowed it down to using either PP or PUP 5w-20 and a Fram Titanium filter which I was able to get a hold of a few that still have the wire backed full synthetic media in them, making them the same thing as the OG Fram Ultra's.

I have a 2013 1500 with the 5.7, 80K miles and no tick. Bought it a year ago and dropped whatever was in it, put a Mopar filter and Fram High Mileage Synthetic 5w-20 in it, just because I had 6 quarts of it around already. It's been in there for a bit over a year and like 4700 miles. I do anywhere from 4-5K miles a year, so it's a once a year OCI for me, lot of short tripping with occasional longer/highway trips.

My main question, even after all the reading I have done, regarding PP vs PUP, is am I gong to see any difference running PP 5w-20 over PUP 5w-20 with a 1yr OCI and 4-5K miles on that OCI? Is one better than the other for this short interval? Any reason to just go for the PUP? PP is readily available by me for $26 for a 5 gallon jug and PUP I'd have to order online for $35 a jug. Don't care about the $20 extra for two jugs or waiting 2 days for it, just want to see there's any reason to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Better yet, go to walmart and get fram fe2 buddy. These are rp and amsoil ea clones, only sold at walmart. Same price, rp 20-820 clone but for 2 inlet holes. Now when someone says fram sucks they have to include amsoil filters suck and rp filters suck, doesnt have the same ring now.
Ahh, right those are the Endurance filters right? They are the same as the RP and Amsoil filters? Didn't know that, cool.
I have a 2013 with the 6 speed and use the RP 20-820 with no issues. PIA to change, but it fits fine.
Badger, what makes it such a pain to change, just the clearance and spilling oil everywhere?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ahh, right those are the Endurance filters right? They are the same as the RP and Amsoil filters? Didn't know that, cool.

Badger, what makes it such a pain to change, just the clearance and spilling oil everywhere?
fram bought champ labs, and yes they are identical to amsoil ea and very close to rp. True 100% thick loose spun mircoglass. The only 3 filters I know built this way, wix xp is tight thin microglass in comparison. page one and 93 show the difference in filter thread.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, just the location, and the spillage for me make it a pain. The size is not an issue. I only have one more RP filter left, and will have to decide what filter to go with after that.