Will the dealer automatically do an alignment if replacing shock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey folks. As some of you may know I have a leaky shock or something and it’s at the dealer today.

If it is indeed a shock that needs to be replaced will they do an alignment after or is it even needed ?

And from what the service rep has said sounds like they’ll just replace the one in driver side. Not both

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not needed and they won't automatically do it unless you request an alignment.

Heck, I'd doubt they even check the alignment. Shock replacement does not alter suspension geometry beyond stock specifications.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will say it's needed but some guys won't but if I were you I wouldn't just expect them to do it on their own. They should, but it's on you to make sure they do it. If they don't do it and you have problems later don't expect them to eat the cost of those problems.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
They said it was the shock that’s blown. They had to order one in. If these don’t last another year that’ll really light the fire under my butt to put in Bilsteins

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box