Wiring 2010 (or newer) jump seat console into a '06 ST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcarr1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Hi,

I've tried searching and haven't found much on this, so here's my question... Has anyone wired a 4th gen center jump seat storage/armrest console into their '06 Quad ST? How much wiring should I expect to be missing, and how much splicing am I looking at versus switching to a different wiring harness?

Currently, my jump seat has no storage at all, and I'm going to wire the new one up to at least get the 12v outlet working. I'd like to get the power to the USB outlet too...

Here is the console that is on it's way...
$(KGrHqNHJBMFHbKuL)MOBR+SLSPKK!~~60_57.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJDcFHupdVJevBR+SLD,95g~~60_57.jpg

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
You may need to go to a salvage yard to get what you need. Just look for a truck with the center console in it and see if it has the wiring. Now the console should already have the wiring and it should be sticking out the bottom. If not then that is missing too. Not sure just what trim your truck is but most already have all the wiring for almost every trim in them excepting a few lower end models. I custom ordered my truck and it was wired for everything. I just had to add what I wanted and it was pretty much plug and play for me.

OP
OP
D

dcarr1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK. Thanks.

I'll have to poke around a little more and see what I can find under my driver seat before trying to find one of the higher trim packages on a truck at a salvage yard.

My truck is an '06 QC ST 4x4 with the 4.7L, so it's very stripped down but in pretty good shape. I'd love to find a connector already installed, but given the set of features I'm seeing, I'm not betting on it being there.

Just out of curiosity, do you know if the USB port is there to do anything more than provide power in the Gen 4 trucks?

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Worst case is you tap the cig lighter on the dash for 12v power. Not to sure about the USB though

OP
OP
D

dcarr1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Worst case is you tap the cig lighter on the dash for 12v power. Not to sure about the USB though

Yep...that's what I was figuring. USB would be nice since it's there, but it's really just a bonus item given that my current jump seat just has the armrest.

Since it doesn't look like there is one, I might add another 12v port to the back of the jump seat so my kids have access too, but I'm not going to worry about that until the new jump seat shows up and I get a chance to poke around at it.

(I really need to spend some quality time with the truck too...I've owned it for all of 4 days.)

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep...that's what I was figuring. USB would be nice since it's there, but it's really just a bonus item given that my current jump seat just has the armrest.

Since it doesn't look like there is one, I might add another 12v port to the back of the jump seat so my kids have access too, but I'm not going to worry about that until the new jump seat shows up and I get a chance to poke around at it.

(I really need to spend some quality time with the truck too...I've owned it for all of 4 days.)

Gotta give your truck some loving care. Kids and wife can wait a bit. :signs6:

OP
OP
D

dcarr1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Looks like this is the route I'm going to have to take. The seat bolted right in and is very nice.

There's no wiring beyond air bag sensors under my existing seats. The connector for the USB in the new console is simply a mini-USB connector in a fancy plug. I guess I'm going to have to try to identify the correct wires in the other connectors for the jump seat. It may make more sense to just wire in a whole new port, but I'm going to try to find a diagram of the connectors/pins first.

Of course, all of this is going to wait until it warms up a little...

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like this is the route I'm going to have to take. The seat bolted right in and is very nice.

There's no wiring beyond air bag sensors under my existing seats. The connector for the USB in the new console is simply a mini-USB connector in a fancy plug. I guess I'm going to have to try to identify the correct wires in the other connectors for the jump seat. It may make more sense to just wire in a whole new port, but I'm going to try to find a diagram of the connectors/pins first.

Of course, all of this is going to wait until it warms up a little...

Stupid cold put a damper on my many projects also. Who prayed for this and how can we beat him/her with a wet noodle???

:killer:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you ever finish this project? I'm interested in putting a 4th gen jumpseat in my Gen 3 and was wondering if it's possible? Thanks