'02 1500 4x4 Leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnYuma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I knew that I'd come to the right place... nobody wants to discuss lowering a 4x4, it's tough to find any info about it on the interwebz and people look at you like you just grew a horn outta your head if you ask.

The rear of my reg cab swb is 3" higher than the front (measured from wheel center to fender lip). I'm less concerned with a particular stance that w getting it level... on such a short truck, 3" is pretty drastic.

I'm thinking 2" shackles and a few turns on the T-bars (1/2" or so) would get me close enough, not effect pinion or CV angles beyond spec, and keep the ride quality that I've come to enjoy (my old Power Wagons never rode like this!) That scheme also lets me keep the current 265/70 17 tires and would probably still allow for 33s if I wanted to go that big later on... the tape will let me know afterwards.

See any problems w that plan? Seems solid to me, but I haven't read where anyone else has done it. Mostly the threads (I've been lurking) go into a bit more radical drops than I'm wanting to do. They all look cool, I dig the look, it's just not what I'm after.

Looking for quality (greasable) 2" drop shackles now... any suggestions?

BTW, 4.7l, auto, tow package, unmolested... just like Ma Mopar sent it out the door in 2002.

Thanks,
Jonny Y

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990