2012 Hemi turn over but no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvanYJ350

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 CC Air Susp
Engine
6.4L 392 c.i.
Had my first hiccup with my Ram. 2012 Laramie Longhorn with 40,000 miles. Drove it 20 miles to John Deere dealer. Parked out front and went in for 25 minutes. Walked out the door and hit the remote start on my key fob and it cranked for about 10 seconds (seemed like forever) but never started. Hopped in and put key in and it did the same thing. Got out and popped hood and wiggled everything I could wiggle. Kicked fuel tank in case I could jiggle loose fuel pump connection.

Tried starting a few more times over next 15 minutes and finally gave in and called the tow truck. Seemed like maybe the fuel pump, or a computer issue preventing it from getting fuel.....

Dealership called me a few hours later and said they took it off the tow truck and it started right up ! No codes stored, nothing wrong. They kept starting it all afternoon, kept it overnite, and started it in the morning... Now I have to go on wondering when the next time it will strand me......

Tech said the only thing he could think of was some strange electrical interference where I was parked ? Any thoughts ? Time to trade it in ?

ddavis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Best way to test would to take it back to that spot and see if it does it again, they you'd know if it was a interference of some sort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk