2014 PW power window switch issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BradN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Weird problem: Got in my '14 PW today and the window switch assy would only work for the rear windows and window lock (that are, probably not coincidentally, hooked together)
Front windows, interior locks, and mirror controls have nada.
All windows work from the individual location (except, obviously, the driver's side)
It's as if the power supply has been interrupted between the rear windows/window lock and the rest of the console.
Any ideas?

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
there is a good chance your switch has gone bad

OP
OP
B

BradN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Found some beta here:
Apparently, it's either the main switch assy or, more likely, the door module.
The problem is which one. I checked the plug going into the switch assy with a 12V tester and found I had power to 3 pins. The question is which wires should be hot with the ignition on.
If the correct wires are hot, it's the switch. If not, it's the module.
Anyone have an idea how to get this info?

Tristanrobert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l v8
Weird problem: Got in my '14 PW today and the window switch assy would only work for the rear windows and window lock (that are, probably not coincidentally, hooked together)
Front windows, interior locks, and mirror controls have nada.
All windows work from the individual location (except, obviously, the driver's side)
It's as if the power supply has been interrupted between the rear windows/window lock and the rest of the console.
Any ideas?
Had this EXACT same issue as I have seen others on other forums with no one posting their solution. Well I made an account to tell my solution. Pull your switch control out the door and unplug it. Then plug it back in and put it back in the door. Boom works. I saw others with the same issue and they couldn't figure it out replacing the module and switch with no luck. This solved it for me, same for any airbag service messages. Unplug air bag stuff and plug it back it.

wickedwrench

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2 questions was the ignition on or off when you unplugged it and plugged it back in , and this work for anyone else?