2005 Ram 2500 Cummins Power window and lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankmurr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
About a year ago the power lock for my rear driver's side door stopped working. A few months later the power window only worked intermittently. After about a month of this the power window stopped working with the master switch or the door switch. I was able to get the window to close with a couple of wires and allegator clips, so the motor seems to be okay. I recently replaced the master switch and the door switch and I still had the same issue. All the other windows and locks work fine. Any suggestions other than search for a broken or shorted wire?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
@Frankmurr , this is not the experience we’d want our customers to have. Our team would like to see what we can do to help. Please private message us with more detail, so we can take a look.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
About a year ago the power lock for my rear driver's side door stopped working. A few months later the power window only worked intermittently. After about a month of this the power window stopped working with the master switch or the door switch. I was able to get the window to close with a couple of wires and allegator clips, so the motor seems to be okay. I recently replaced the master switch and the door switch and I still had the same issue. All the other windows and locks work fine. Any suggestions other than search for a broken or shorted wire?
I had same problem and it turned out to be the wiring harness that gets flexed every time the door is opened and closed. I opened up the conduit between door and body and found a bunch of broken wires. Fixed them all and haven't had an issue since. This seems to be a common failure point for our trucks. Good luck, Smokey