2019 Ram 5th Gen Stereo Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
So I have a bit of a problem, I have a 2019 5th gen and the stereo stopped playing through the door speakers on the drivers side. The tweeter in the dash works along with the passenger side speakers. I have reset the head unit to factory, I have removed and inspected all fuses that the stereo and amp are connected too. It does it all the time no matter if I am using the radio, Bluetooth phone, and CarPlay wired. Is this an amplifier problem or a head unit problem? If I adjust the stereo to the right it sounds great go to the right and all i have it the dash tweeter. Where should look or do next?

OP
OP
M

mattcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Highly unlikelike that one day they work fine then the next day they dont work. Usually if a speaker goes it distorted or you get some kind of noise from it they are both dead silent.

Elc-1973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My truck did that to me once I ended up shutting the truck off and restarting a few minutes later and it’s worked fine since. Never had a radio that was so glitchy, seems like it’s always something!

OP
OP
M

mattcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
This has been going on for 5 days now, I have unhooked the battery pulled fuses still no change.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Highly unlikelike that one day they work fine then the next day they dont work. Usually if a speaker goes it distorted or you get some kind of noise from it they are both dead silent.
Not always. Very common for a speaker to just instantly stop working. That's what happens when a voice coil instantly burns out due to being overworked or if it happened to get corrosion or even a factory defect. 100% guarantee you have a speaker issue. If your dash speaker is working on that side then you're not having an issue with any fuses or anything. Your dash speaker and your door speaker are wired in parallel with one set of wires going to the door and to the dash. So you either have a speaker that has failed or you have a wire that has been severed going through that speaker. You're easiest. Solution is going to be pull the door panel. Pull the speaker out and either throw a meter on that speaker connection or temporarily hook up any old other speaker to see if you have a signal coming to it. Chances are you have a signal and just have a defective speaker.

OP
OP
M

mattcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
But for both the front and back door speakers on that side to do the same thing at the exact time? You are not seeing that it is the front door and back door speakers

OP
OP
M

mattcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
So I took an old home theater receiver I have in the garage and ran a test wire to each speaker and they work.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
So I took an old home theater receiver I have in the garage and ran a test wire to each speaker and they work.
Well, to be fair you didn't say front and rear door. You were only talking about driver side and you mentioned the door and you mentioned the dash so I figured we're talking front, especially considering the rear speakers are useless anyway as your sound stage should be at the front. But it sounds like you have solved your issue, you have a wire issue on the right side and sense right side wires would be separate from the driver's door to the rear door. That means your issue is between the head unit and the driver side footwell. That's a very short section of wire harness to inspect. It's fair to assume that it's not and output issue with the stereo itself due to the fact that you say you still have sound at the dash on that side. The dash, speaker and front door speaker are all one channel , just running in parallel.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
So I have a bit of a problem, I have a 2019 5th gen and the stereo stopped playing through the door speakers on the drivers side. The tweeter in the dash works along with the passenger side speakers. I have reset the head unit to factory, I have removed and inspected all fuses that the stereo and amp are connected too. It does it all the time no matter if I am using the radio, Bluetooth phone, and CarPlay wired. Is this an amplifier problem or a head unit problem? If I adjust the stereo to the right it sounds great go to the right and all i have it the dash tweeter. Where should look or do next?
Had this happen twice to my 22 Laram12” screen. Discovered it had to do w/my iPhone 15. Disabled CarPlay on my phone and all speakers started working. So I did a hard reboot on my phone and it fixed the problem.