2020 Ram 1500 rear bumper swap w 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DUKHNTR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have a damaged rear chrome bumper, w sensors and no duel exhaust. (5th generation ram) 2022

Will a 4th generation ram bumper fit as a replacement (2018) ?

Thought I’d ask here first. Thanks.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Assuming your 2022 is a 5th gen, and not a Classic, since the 5th gen 1500 (DT) was a total redesign from the ground up, I seriously doubt a 4th gen (DS) bumper would fit without modification. I haven't read about anyone trying it so you'd be breaking ground if you decide to try it. Unless you're just looking for something to fill your time I'd suggest you source a 5th gen rear bumper.

OP
OP
D

DUKHNTR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Body panels have slight modifications, also the interior. But I don’t think they redesigned the frame. I’m expecting the mounting of the bumper to be the same. The outter skin of tailgate is different, not sure of rear fenders.

Haven’t gotten that far. So, as of now, I’m not positive.

Thanks tho. I’ll let u know what I find.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's where you're mistaken. Body panels are completely different. As is the interior. The frame was absolutely redesigned as well.