2020 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nlmadrigal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins `
Can someone please help me!

I bought my truck a little over a year ago. I bought it used with about 23,000 miles. It ran great for the first 7000 miles of me driving it. When winter came around it would idle higher when I turned it on. I called the dealer because I was unfamiliar with it doing that and I was told it was normal. That it was a cab heating mode. Later on it started to sound louder than usual randomly while I was driving it and it felt as if it didn't have the normal acceleration power. I mentioned it to the service advisor and they were unable to replicate it or find anything wrong with it. It didn't do it all the time so it was hard getting someone to diagnose it. I took it to a different dealer and I was told it was the electric fan clutch. It is happening more now and I am still waiting on the part. It has been over 2 months. I don't know if that is actually the problem. But it is super frustrating to drive. I really need my truck to work properly and I don't know where to start with troubleshooting. It shifted into gear very strange like it doesn't know when and it guesses. Like it has a delayed shifting and it sounds like it's working 2 times harder than it is. It sounds like it's missing power. I don't hear the turbo over the load fan like sound. And when I accelerate the RPMs go up but It seems like the acceleration is super delayed and under powered. My mpg today was really bad. My truck is usually 23 highway when I'm not towing. Today it was 17. I'm stressing out I love the way my truck runs when it is normal, but this is seriously making me think I bought the wrong truck. Maintenance has been done on it as recommended. I do my best to make sure it's taken care of properly. Please share with me if you have had a similar issue and how it was resolved, If you think It could be the electric fan clutch or if it's something else.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
In the winter when first starting up when over night temp are under 55 degrees its normal for the engine to idle higher when its first started, it does so to aid in warming of the engine, my 2022 has shutters behind grill ( not sure if your does ) when I first start it up the in the morning engine sounds different, not sure if its due to the shutters being closed or the fan... As for the other problems your having so far I have not had any that you speak of nor have I once heard the turbo sing to me like I did on my 2006 diesel, oh have you been using exhaust brake all the time ( either in auto mode or full when towing) to keep turbo veins working properly? I hope my truck will see 23 mpg once it has more miles...