2021 Ram Classic 1500 Interior Updates (Reg Cab)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legend921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I finally sorted out my truck and learned a few things to share.

Before I get to sharing, here's what I have completed on my truck, a 2021 Ram Classic Single Cab Express. I updated my interior with the soft touch dash, modified my door panels to get the black interior instead of the diesel gray (this was a lot of work), added the center console with the dual auto climate control, and limited seats with just heat at the moment. I think I am missing the cooled seat wiring as my truck just does not see it.

Things I have learned - the 2018 and up dash harness is different from the 2014-2017 in respect to the white plug on the driver side (2014-2017) whereas that white plug was switched to a gray plug. Anyway, I went ahead and swapped in a 2019 plug that I ordered new to add the alpine amp into my 2021 - this did not work as the center stack climate panel and radio would not communicate to each other leaving my radio off. I finally decided to buy the 2021 harness without the amp but with the dual climate control and it ended up working fine. Now everything is working as intended with no splicing of anything to keep it as OEM as possible. After removing the dash a couple of times, I must say, that this is the easiest car I have been able to do that on. But here's what my interior looks like now. I have a few more things in the air to get my truck to where I want it, but I am loving the cruise in a limited trim ram single cab.

Attachments

• Ram Interior 2.jpg
    Ram Interior 2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Ram Interior 3.jpg
    Ram Interior 3.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Ram Interior.jpg
    Ram Interior.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
L

legend921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking for the steering wheels now to finish it. I have a new armrest leather replacement as well to remove the longhorn arm rest top so that it matches the stitching. The console is out of a 2018 4th Gen.

Wildbillcody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like to put a console in my 2021 "Classic" as well, am I understanding that 4th 2009-19 gen parts will fit? What about the interface with the dash area? TIA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357