4wd Light Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbake111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Gas
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here but I have used the forum before for tips on repairs I was planning. As the title states I am having a small issue with my 4wd light. It seems to be working properly but in reverse order, meaning in 2wd it lights up, but in 4-Hi or 4-Lo it turns off. I am running out of ideas as to what is causing this.

When I bought the truck the axle seals were leaking and the vacuum lines had been ripped off so the 4wd did not work, but the light was never on. Just a couple weeks ago I went in and replaced the seals, upper/lower ball joints, u-joints, all bearings/bushing in CAD, and vac lines, but I didnt replace the indicator lamp switch, which I just ordered. The switch is the only other thing I can think of and I will be replacing that in the next few days. Does anyone else have any other thoughts or ideas as to what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for all the help! :favorites13:

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Ill bet you have the vacuum lines backwards...
its would make perfect sense

OP
OP
D

Dbake111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Gas
That's exactly what it was. I replaced the OEM vacuum port that connects to the actuator with regular vacuum hose so I must have switched them. 4wd light now works correctly for anyone else who may have this problem. Thanks for the help!