A few questions on the 2019+ PWs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EODHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
1. Is there a reason they only have the projector LED headlights as opposed to the adaptive headlight system offered in the other 2500’s?

2. With a 3.5” lift or lower is there any special considerations for the front sway bar disconnect, and will the dealer flash the cpu to get proper speedometer readings?

3. Do the Ram Boxes have self-draining? Also do they have interior lighting?

I am sure more questions will come up as I get closer to buying one, absolutely love them.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
1. Is there a reason they only have the projector LED headlights as opposed to the adaptive headlight system offered in the other 2500’s?

I cant answer this one

2. With a 3.5” lift or lower is there any special considerations for the front sway bar disconnect, and will the dealer flash the cpu to get proper speedometer readings?

The largest lift for the 2018 was a 4.5 from rough country. I have that lift and you can see my build thread here. Most of the lifts have drop brackets for the swaybar so it will still function as designed https://www.ramforum.com/threads/my-power-wagon-build-thread.150253/page-7

3. Do the Ram Boxes have self-draining?

They have drain plugs on both side of the box

Also do they have interior lighting?
Yes

I am sure more questions will come up as I get closer to buying one, absolutely love them.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

EODHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for the info. On the adaptive head lights the only thing I could think of is lighting pattern. With off-road considerations in mind maybe you get a larger beam area with projection versus the adaptive. Otherwise it doesn’t make much sense.

What did you do in the Army? USAF Explosive Ordnance Disposal retired here. ‘96-‘16

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
So another question. If you have the dealer do the lift, anyone happen to know if they flash the CPU to get the speedo corrected for larger tires?
It's up to the dealer if they have a recalibrate device. Most dont. I got the scantool mx and alpha obd plus the security bypass from @DeereGuy and did it myself. Plus the dealer will not reprogram the tpms thresholds for the low pressure tire light if you run under the factory settings. You need alpha to do that and the 4 digit pin code from the dealer.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks for the info. On the adaptive head lights the only thing I could think of is lighting pattern. With off-road considerations in mind maybe you get a larger beam area with projection versus the adaptive. Otherwise it doesn’t make much sense.

What did you do in the Army? USAF Explosive Ordnance Disposal retired here. ‘96-‘16
Quarter Quartermaster and chemical equipment repairer and also motor transport.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500