Aisin transmission snap ring!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Take the truck and drive it for a couple of days under various condition, transmission probably has to relearn the driving habits. Newer style transmission have a learning mode. After a few days it does not improve then take the truck back to the dealership
He reported "Sometimes won't shift", that is not a part of the relearn. Ever. It needs to go back. And the more driving he does and the longer he waits is only going to hurt his case.
At the very least he needs to notify them of the issues and schedule it to be looked at.

OP
OP
C

Crice6790

Reaction score
Ram Year
I hear ya, feel like I made a huge mistake buying this truck will see I guess..feels like I’m going to get stranded again and on top of that dealing with crappy customer service from different dealerships and trying to get a loaner after spending about 100k on a truck. This is terrible. I’m taking it to the dealership tomorrow. Let’s see what they say. Thanks for the feedback.

PhunnyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Circling back on this thread. How’d things go since end of July? I just had the failure yesterday in WV on our way home. ‘22 3500 Laramie with the HO and Aisin. A regular beast pulling my 5th wheel. Fortunately, it happened a hundred yards prior to an exit ramp. Limped into a shopping center parking lot and started the call tree for help. Nearest dealership can’t touch it till next week. Will talk to the service manager today to see what codes have been detected. Had almost 12k miles, was hoping I dodged a bullet. Not so much.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Like has been said, 2022 Aisin trans has a problem. From what I read on the CForum, it’s is most of the 2022 model year.
Local dealer told me that the correct fix is a new “cluster” which is swapped out of the bad trans.
Some trucks had little mileage, some had 10-20k miles. There had been some early on that their trans was swapped out for a new one, but was a 2022 build and again had the problem!

PhunnyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Yea, I’ve been following this topic across a few different forums. Spoke to the service advisor a few minutes ago. It’s what I expected. Parts on order, 45 days anticipated delivery for them. That’s the tough pill to swallow. We’re 6 hours from home with no way to get ourselves and the RV there. Between work and a couple other commitments in September, this is why I’m glad all my jarhead training taught me to embrace the suck.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
The Aisin only comes with the HO in the pickups.

This has been going on for quite a while. It's the K1 Clutch snap-ring. There is a guy on CF and HDRams who has been compiling a list of the failures, and his informal list was at 259 units last time I looked.

I just looked, and the tally on this informal data sheet stands at 310 failures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca