Aisin Snap Ring Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truk4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
If you have a 2022 HO with Aisin tranny, hopefully you‘re aware of the snap ring failure effecting 5400 trucks. Mine just recently failed at 5,300 miles stranding me and my 5th wheel. Long story, but bottom line I spent 2800.00 on towing and a rental truck and getting no help from Uscustomer Care or the Southeast Business Center. Forget Ram Care, that is a real joke. Truck down for 16 days and had to replace K-1 Snap Ring Kit as well as K-2 Hub. Parts are a real problem, I was fortunate enough that my local dealer had the parts and I towed my truck from out of state to home.

All you get from any of the Stellantis departments is the run around, unanswered e-mails, phone calls and a continuous loop for buck passing between departments with no clue. My previous truck was a 2017 Ram Dually, but this will be the last Ram for me.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Brightside is it was only 16 days. At work we've been waiting for a 5.0 engine for an f150 since February. And it took almost 3 months when the 10 spd. transmission had to be replaced.
They all have issues. Sounds like there's alot more to your story with the $2800 tow/rental bill. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat