Anyone have a fiberglas cap on their 2019 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
If you have put a cap on your truck (not cover) what make/ model did you get and how is the fit with respect to keeping water out ?

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an 03 with an "ARE", but I know they'd make one for 2019 and mine is as tight ass a turtles ass! I can take a spray nozzle when washing and spray the edges all the way around it and not a drop gets in under the cap!
IMG_20150905_094129_353.jpg

17Delmonico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a '17 with a LEER cap, and had a '00 Dakota with an ARE cap, and they never leaked. The new ones have a bit of a lip on them, so it covers the joint along the bed rails, so rain can't get in, even if the weatherstrip is bad.

Tom gongliewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I recently put a ARE on my 2019 bighorn be careful how they connect your cap lights don't let them splice into the driver side parking lights the voltage draw is too much and the cap lights make the parking lights go out

Nickels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How much extra would you say these caps weigh? I like the hard tonneau cover look but I want to try and reduce weight for better mpg.

OP
OP
yellowboy

yellowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
I think when you consider that they remove air getting trapped in your bed the weight is negligible with respect to mpg as long as you don’t get something that’s above cab height

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in the same boat. Waiting on A.R.E to release their new cap the CX Revo for the 5th gen. I love the large 1 piece side window and all glass rear window. I don't need to vent the cap either so I love the recessed look that it has. I think that's the one I'm going with.

Does anyone have any pics of caps on their 19 Rams? Maybe I'll change my mind lol.

OP
OP
yellowboy

yellowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
I'm in the same boat. Waiting on A.R.E to release their new cap the CX Revo for the 5th gen. I love the large 1 piece side window and all glass rear window. I don't need to vent the cap either so I love the recessed look that it has. I think that's the one I'm going with.

Does anyone have any pics of caps on their 19 Rams? Maybe I'll change my mind lol.
I contacted ARE they told me the CX Revo
should be available for the new Ram in March

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I contacted ARE they told me the CX Revo
should be available for the new Ram in March

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Damn they were shooting for February. I hope it comes early. That cap looks really nice. Thanks for info.

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just pre-ordered my A.R.E CX Revo cap for my truck. Supposed to start production early March. Figured I'd get a jump on it.

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4 weeks sounds about right. That's about the beginning of March. I just hope it's no later as I'll need if for a trip coming up.

Mark5000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently put a ARE on my 2019 bighorn be careful how they connect your cap lights don't let them splice into the driver side parking lights the voltage draw is too much and the cap lights make the parking lights go out

What is the correct way?

slim chance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 eTorque
and here is my truck .. Leer cap did not change my overall mpg either .. 18 - 19 hc
2019 RAM 1500 LARAMIE QUAD CAB 4X4 .. my truck
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl, Mountain Brown / Light Frost Beige Leather Seats, 5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque, 8HP75 Transmission, 275/65R18 BSW Tires,Trailer–Tow Group, Level 1 Equipment Group,Chrome Appearance Group, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle, HD Radio® 9–Speakers with Subwoofer, 33–Gallon Fuel Tank, running boards, build date 8-18

20190208_085545_resized.jpg