Anyone here use a foam gun?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jak259

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just wondering if a foam gun really makes that much of a difference when washing. What's a good gun and also what goes in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf City Garage

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just wondering if a foam gun really makes that much of a difference when washing. What's a good gun and also what goes in it?

Foam guns are great tools to have! Are they a MUST when washing a car or truck? NOPE. They do however, help provide an extra layer of soap/suds to the surface to allow for less chances of inducing damage via the wash media.

I personally use the Hydro Foamer foam gun. There are two out there that almost every one uses. That brand and also the Gilmour Foammaster. I personally like the Hydro better. For the product that goes into the canister, I Surf City Garage Professional Extreme Suds Balanced Wash and water are all I use. 3oz. of Wash to 35oz. of water, and you get thick, lathery, clingy soap like in the video below.

th_IMG_3340_zps4de19bba.jpg

jbsmithram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too have been thinking of a foam gun (hose end), I was looking at Gilmore since that was referenced in this thread...but they have a couple versions and I can't really tell what the difference is with them - help please!

Gilmour Foamaster

Gilmour Foamaster II

Also do you need specific foam car wash or can I put my Meguiar's Gold Class car wash in it?

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI

I second the wet T-shirt contest. I've foamed down the truck a few times when it was pretty dirty to try and knock some of the heavy stuff down. That's really all your going to accomplish though.

BlkExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
power washer plus these.......

Attachments

• EQP_300-2T.jpg
    EQP_300-2T.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 77
  • CWS_101-1.jpg
    CWS_101-1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
Jak259

Jak259

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I too have been thinking of a foam gun (hose end), I was looking at Gilmore since that was referenced in this thread...but they have a couple versions and I can't really tell what the difference is with them - help please!

Gilmour Foamaster

Gilmour Foamaster II

Also do you need specific foam car wash or can I put my Meguiar's Gold Class car wash in it?

I think the foamaster has brass fittings and the foamaster II has plastic.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a foam cannon user for my detail jobs. Start with tires and wheels, rinse vehicle, spray bug remover, foam the vehicle. While waiting I get my wash ready. Pressure rinse and start my wash. If I did it over, I'd probably go with a foam gun. Cheaper and quicker setup.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

jc55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've got an MTM Foam Cannon I got from Chemical Guys. Use their Honeydew Snow Foam cleaner, smells and covers great. I use a 2800 PSI power washer to apply it, looks like the vehicle is covered in shaving cream its so thick. Hardest part about it is lugging the power washer out.