Anyone keep getting SiriusXM ad on every startup? Possible the dealer changed something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mabell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
IMG_4501.jpeg

(sorry for the dirty screen, it's a farm truck).

I visited a dealer on 6/5 for service and since then I've had to click off this dumb Sirius ad every time I start my truck. Sirius says I have to subscribe to make it go away for good and use my truck's AC or Nav without ads.

I'm wondering if it's possible the dealership did a Sirius dealer refresh for the commission or something else that might have caused this. I hate to blame them but the timing is interesting.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I got a Sirius ad a couple times in the first week I had the truck. Then it just disappeared on its own and I haven't seen it in 2 months.

gtex1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
i'm getting the same thing. i think it was after a recent software/firmware update . i've noticed a few other changes, but that's the most annoying. Maybe we can make feedback on ramconnect or such?

OP
OP
M

mabell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
i'm getting the same thing. i think it was after a recent software/firmware update . i've noticed a few other changes, but that's the most annoying. Maybe we can make feedback on ramconnect or such?
Do you know what version it was? I show FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD. I never received a notification about updates and nothing else seemed to have changed but who knows?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I believe if you go into the all apps section, find stored notifications, and then clear it, it should go away. Honestly at-first I was annoyed at having a connected services delete build, but seeing how many folks get random ads like this I'm happy to not have it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This may NOT be what is happening in your case

On Occasion, Sirius will have something where Sirius is FREE to everyone for a short period of time

I let my Sirius Lapse a few years back, i have been getting mail.
The ad reads $5 a month for a year, with an automatic renewal at regular prices

The low price is the get people like me to sign back up
I do miss the country station called the Highway Ch. 56

logboom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I have an 07 Chevy Silverado work truck that I had SiriusXM for years until I bought my 23 Laramie. I went ahead and dropped the Chevy's subscription and now I get phone calls and emails daily.
Will let the free trial on the Laramie run it's course and then decide what to do.....