Auto Vent Shade Bug Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Has anyone installed an AVS Bug Deflector on their 2019 Ram? Any helpful hints would be great. I have installed several of these on various vehicles without problems. It appears putting the bug deflector on will cover up the rubber hood seal, making it useless. Or maybe I need to remove the rubber seal and put it on the outside of the bug deflector? Directions don't address this.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Update. I decided to return this AVS Bug Deflector. It had too many scuffs and scratches on it. I think it had been returned by another customer before I got it. The instructions that were in the box were for a Ford Explorer, 2002 model. I was able to find the correct instructions online at the Auto Ventshade website, which made more sense as far as how to install it. I'd still like to hear from anyone that has installed the AVS Bugshield on their 2019 Ram.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Another update. AVS is sending me another bug shield. I do not have to return the one with scuffs on it. If anyone in my area wants the one with scuffs, it's yours, free. I think shipping it would be expensive due to the size.