Battery issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucky8926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I went to start my truck this morning and it started to crank, then stopped and just clicked. A few odd things came up on the dash like saying something about towing. Checked the battery and it was around 11.9 volts. I got my audew jump pack (it’s a heavy duty one) and tried to jump it. It didn’t work and after about 3-4 tries of letting it sit for a few minutes it eventually drained the jump pack from 90% to 0%. Every other time it would only drain 2-3%. The battery and starter are only about a year old. I crawled under and noticed the small solenoid wire didn’t look like it was fully pushed in so I reconnected it. Would that not being fully connected be enough to drain the battery down enough so the truck won’t start and also fully discharge my jump pack? Is there something else I’m missing?
It’s on the charger now, so hopefully it will start once it’s charged.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How old is it? Battery ?

OP
OP
L

lucky8926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
About a year. It was replaced the same time as the starter. Last June I believe.

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Battery could still be bad, take it to a auto parts store like O'Reilly's or battery store and have it tested, could have a bad cell/cells.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Culmer