Bedliner suggestions for a first time truck owner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gtonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Hotd
Line x is awesome ,non slip and if you happen to throw firewood ,or store stuff it protects your truck ,been in my truck since 2003
Sorry didnt realize it was lease

Danny Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When I bought my 2500 I had Line x sprayed in. Still looks good 6 years later. I also have a in the bed tool box that I like really well.

GoofyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
I've had spray in and drop in liners in several different trucks. I bought the bedrug and installed it myself am very happy.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I vote Bedrug or Herculiner I have both and like both. As for the cover nothing but Peragon

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wondering If you, or anyone, use the BedRug without a cover and, if so, how it holds up to the weather.
Yea my regular cab is open with a bedrug and that bedrug has been in three different trucks and stuff going. I had it in my dually first and had cut a half moon for the goose neck ball but it’s not been a problem staying flat.
I had a bedtred as well which is a smooth version but the new bedtred comes smooth in the floor and carpeted on the bedsides now.

diapaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Yea my regular cab is open with a bedrug and that bedrug has been in three different trucks and stuff going. I had it in my dually first and had cut a half moon for the goose neck ball but it’s not been a problem staying flat.
I had a bedtred as well which is a smooth version but the new bedtred comes smooth in the floor and carpeted on the bedsides now.
Excellent. Thanks for the info. Does it tend to take a long time to dry out?

Elvira

Reaction score
I did the Bed Rug, it is a very nice product. i have had the spray in and the plastic liners...no comparison. The first time you get in the bed and kneel, you will be thankful for the Bed Rug, relatively soft and similar to indoor outdoor carpeting. Foam material on back side, like the floatation device foam, making it water proof and giving cushion. I did the whole rug, sides, floor and the tailgate. I installed myself, not a hard job at all...sides zipper on the floor and they give you lots of velcro strips to fasten to bed. If i ever do it again on a truck, I definately will go Bed Rug again....not too mention how luxurious it looks when you lower the gate.

Attachments

• BedRug.jpg
    BedRug.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 6
  • BedRug.jpg
    BedRug.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 4

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just turned in a lease and also picked up a 2021. Since inventory and incentives aren't what they usually are these days, it didn't have the factory spray in bed liner. I am trying out a Husky Bed liner and will see how that goes. It's just to avoid having a bare bed (no one likes that, lol) and protecting it from my tool boxes and other stuff I put in it. I don't haul gravel or dirt.
As far a a cover, I sold the Bakflip I had on my previous truck and ordered a Bak Revolver. For storage I removed a swingcase I had on the previous truck and will put in on the new truck after I install the tonneau cover. I only have one since I don't want or like the look of two: https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-swingcase I think they're a bit over-priced but it works.

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks for the info. Does it tend to take a long time to dry out?
No it’s pretty fast, just make sure when you install all your bed drains are clean. I had a new one installed in my 21 and I had to get a pick to get all the rust pieces that fell in the holes from the transport truck trailer raining down in the bed.