Bedliner suggestions for a first time truck owner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry183

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque
I just leased a 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn w/ a 5"7' bed. I'd really like to get a bedliner for it sooner than later. I saw a product called DualLiner. It's a modular kit that covers the entire bed including the tailgate. Seems like a very good product. WeatherTech also makes one but I don't believe it's a perfect fit for my truck's bed. I don't plan on hauling dirt, rocks or anything crazy-but looking for something that is non-slip and will provide decent protection. I'm also in the market for some sort of basic cargo storage system and a cover as well. Any suggestions would be welcome as I have never owned a truck before so literally everything is new to me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a BedRug liner in both my trucks (2005 & 2018). I've hauled dirt and bricks, and they still look like new. Easy maintenance--just vacuum it occasionally. Don't need to worry about things sliding. Plus, it's easy on the knees.

For the bed cover, I have an UnderCover on each truck. They are lockable, and waterproof.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I am a fan of the spray on bed products for bed protection. My old truck had aftermarket spray on, the current truck has OEM liner. I run a full high rise canopy becasue I want to be able to protect stuff from the elements, back my quad into the box with the canopy on as well as be able to move around in the back easily but that may not be what you are looking for.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Theres a few different DIY spray in bed liners available. I think Harbor Freight stores even sell a DIY kit. If you dont want to go that route then there's bed rugs or mats that simply lay on the floor of the bed. The downside if you will is those wont protect the sides. As far as a cover, theres several options ranging from $200. up to thousands of dollars. My truck came with a factory spray in liner and I use a roll up tonneau cover I bought new from amazon for $180. It's just a matter of how much you want to spend on a leased vehicle

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I have a bed and tailgate mat in my current Ram.
I once had an 05 and did the Duraliner myself with a roller and brush. It came out "ok" and lasted a very long time, but not as pretty as a spray in like Line x or equivalent.
I use a tri-fold cover because it's easy to remove for larger loads if need be.

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the mopar bed liner I bought from the dealer. It is a quality liner. I don`t like spray on bed liners
because the color fades and they do nothing to stop the bed from getting dented if something heavy is dropped. Also it scratches the item if it sides around in the truck from the rough texture.

HornRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just leased a 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn w/ a 5"7' bed. I'd really like to get a bedliner for it sooner than later. I saw a product called DualLiner. It's a modular kit that covers the entire bed including the tailgate. Seems like a very good product. WeatherTech also makes one but I don't believe it's a perfect fit for my truck's bed. I don't plan on hauling dirt, rocks or anything crazy-but looking for something that is non-slip and will provide decent protection. I'm also in the market for some sort of basic cargo storage system and a cover as well. Any suggestions would be welcome as I have never owned a truck before so literally everything is new to me. Thanks a lot in advance.
I added the DualLiner on my 2021 ram 1500 sport short bed. Fit in perfect . Rubber pad no slip . I also added the Tyger roll up cover that is lockable.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gator Trifold soft - Gator is a sub-brand of Extang, my cover was under $250. Also I called them and got 2 additional quick release handles and installed them on the front verse the plastic wing nut. Now I can remove and install cover in 30 seconds to get full bed access. Only issue is that rear clamps need to be left a little loose in winter so as not to freeze to tailgate.
GSK-BMRAM640218 - Gator Rubber Truck Bed Mat - Stops stuff from sliding, under $100, and if like me a scuff mark on the inside of the bed is not an issue and I am not hauling rock, dirt, wood, etc. so I do not need the spray in or plastic liner.... FYI if you opt for plastic get a bed protector with it so that it does not rub the paint off and cause rusting over the years.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
With a Lease vehicle, i don't think the lease company would not allow a spray in liner.

Bed Rug & the Mopar Bed Liner use to be the same liner with the difference being the symbol of the Ram imprinted on it

The good things about the Bed Rug is that it is quite rugged, people have dumped firewood, sand, gravel, etc. on to it.
As long as you don't use the sharp edge of a shovel, the material will hold up.
Yet you can sweep it out, vacuum it, or even use a garden hose on it

It is surprisingly easy on the knees & you can lay on it & be comfortable

The only complaint that i have read about, is when hauling hay, some of the straws of hay get hung up in the carpet like material

klbennett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
One of the best things you can get as far as a line is Rhino Lining. If you toss in other liners, moisture get underneath which will, over time cause corrosion. Any liner that you have to screw down, also causes inner granular corrosion which is setup too by dissimilar metals. By the time you see it, you've got issues that are harder to correct.

redvetram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6 3.7
I’d never do anything but a spray in liner. The best no skid you can get. I’ve had both bed liners and spray in and theres no comparison. In fact that was the deal breaker for my last Ram purchase. I made the dealer apply the liner or I wouldn’t buy it. I just found that the trucks that have plastic liners end up with all kinds of sh…t up under the liner. Including rust. And that the bed paint ends up getting scratched by the liner. I have yet to ever dent or chip a bed with spray in liner. Even when I load the poor thing down with 3000 pounds of 3/4 crushed gravel. Cost about $500 but lasts a lifetime.

RHorseUSMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had the DualLiner in my 2013 since new and love it. It fits perfectly and no slip. I haul tools and equipment daily. l also have the BakFlip G2 tri-fold hard cover, also since new. The cover has worked very well but the seals at the fold points have developed a very small split ( from the constant opening and closing). It does leak some around the sides. I think the newer ones have addressed this and corrected it.

Matt D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the DualLiner in my 2018 RAM 1500 and love it. I wasn't sure I wanted them scuffing up the paint in the bed so I went with this drop in liner. Very easy to install, full bed coverage and I love the rubberized mat. I also went with the Gator tri-fold cover and it has been great also.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a BedRug liner in both my trucks (2005 & 2018). I've hauled dirt and bricks, and they still look like new. Easy maintenance--just vacuum it occasionally. Don't need to worry about things sliding. Plus, it's easy on the knees.

For the bed cover, I have an UnderCover on each truck. They are lockable, and waterproof.
I'll second that. I have had my Bed Rug for 10 years, hauled mulch, dirt etc. You can vacuum them or pressure wash them and they look like new.
Best Of all worlds!!

diapaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
I'll second that. I have had my Bed Rug for 10 years, hauled mulch, dirt etc. You can vacuum them or pressure wash them and they look like new.
Best Of all worlds!!
Wondering If you, or anyone, use the BedRug without a cover and, if so, how it holds up to the weather.

Gtonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Hotd
Line x is awesome ,non slip and if you happen to throw firewood ,or store stuff it protects your truck ,been in my truck since 2003