Best paint for exhaust tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cacarter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m going to be putting on my Tyger Fury off road rear bumper in a few weeks, and while I have the old bumper off, I’d like to black out the exhaust tips. I’m in the process of replacing all of my chrome badges with black, and want to do the exhaust tips, too. I have a lot of plasti-dip, would that work, or should I use something else? Any tips and tricks would be appreciated. Thanks!

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had plastidip on mine for a long time. I actually used the high gloss superwrap brand, looks a little more finished than the flat plastidip.

My son's truck has had plastidip on the tips for two years or so, both has held up well.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ditto on plastidip, it adheres perfectly to chrome without needing to scratch it, making it easy to revert.

This has been on for a bit over two years now and didn't take long to do.

oTUdMPT.jpg

Just remove the tips though, at least on my 2009, it was just one quick bolt to take them off so you can do a proper job.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah I also vote Plastidip! Mine held up well, even through a harsh winter. I used a whole can for both tips. (I have since changed to 5" powder coated tips)

1651664920406.png