Catback exhaust and warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailbuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here’s a question I’ve heard many different answers to. I’m considering installing a new exhaust on my 2023 Limited 1500 Ram. Something a bit more aggressive without the drone a catback preferred. Does any one know if that will void my warranty should anything happen. My dealer said no if any problem occurs not relating to the exhaust which I understand however if it may be related to an issue regarding the exhaust they said it could void the warranty. They said corporate would make the decision if it would which sounds very vague to me. Just not sure whether it’s worth installing in case of a problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sure you will get some really great answers to this. My thought is that you won't know if the alternative exhaust will void a warranty until you a) install said exhaust, b) have a problem, and 3) take it to a dealer to diagnose.

Good luck.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
From Magnaflow
You'll notice Magnaflow also uses the word "should" which means alot in legaleze,lol.6th paragraph

"What about a cat back exhaust system?
Since most high quality systems, at least those systems that are 50 state legal, are installed behind the catalytic converters, there "should" be no warranty concerns to other components, even emissions components."

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Unlikely to void your warranty if the exhaust is professionally sized and installed.