Bluetooth Audio Info - Mystery Line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickshein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI eTorque
2021 RAM 1500 Limited with 12" center screen - When playing songs from my phone via Bluetooth, there are 4 info lines displayed for each song: [Unknown] - Song Title - Artist - Album Title. For every song that I have checked, that first line always displays "Unknown". No other modes (USB, FM, Sirius) displays 4 lines, in checking the song properties in my media player at home, there are not any obvious unfilled metadata fields, and (I know this will be a shock) the RAM 1500 user manual is less than helpful. Does anyone know what information should be displayed in the first line?

Untitled.jpg

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
Maybe your truck doesn't like the Miami Sound Machine?? :D

Do a test track by picking a song such as the one above. Fill out every data field with a unique number -- album year, composer, genre, track #, comments, etc. Number each field 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.... Take your USB drive back to your truck and find the track. You should see that "unknown" line filled out with one of the numbers, and then based on the number can trace it back to the appropriate data field.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Are you playing the song from something like Pandora, or are these stored on your phone? From files that I have transferred in the past the first line would often be the folder location that I had named, so it could be country playlist, etc. Try different sources, see if you have a song on your phone how it looks and if it's the same as if you're just playing something that's streaming over Pandora

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio