Bouncy bouncy after leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own the only Ram shop on the east coast specializing in Ram truck suspension. Take a picture of your front springs and I can have one of our preferred vendors on this forum set you up with a rock solid kit your reputable 4x4 shop can install. I help out members all across the country regularly through PM’s on here and instagram. We all come here for help and education
False I own one :b

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
False I own one :b
I could use more places to send people I talk to people daily and have secured a shipping company to ship trucks at reasonable costs. Send me a PM with your location

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Hi ya'll. I recently bought my first full size truck, 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie with 4x4 off road package. I love my truck. So... my son (also an owner of same truck model) talked me into putting in a leveling kit. It was professionally done at a 4x4 garage and aligned, however, I feel a lot of bounce now. It drove like a dream before. I assume I should have also replaced the shocks. Can any one give me any advice on if this could be the problem and if so, what kind of shocks should I get? I am not an off road driver, just want a nice ride around Texas roads.

Thanks for any guidance and recommendations.
I installed a 2.5 inch level kit on my 2019 Laramie. I checked the headlight height on a wall before and after and it was virtually the same. I didn't notice any bounce. Some people here have the opinion that they don't like the look of a leveled truck. That's ok that is your opinion and if you like the "stink bug stance" of a truck being higher in the back then the front that is your right. Lol! Level kits are for the people that don't like that look and there must be plenty of those people as level kits are very popular.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Put it back, and don't listen to your son? :)

Never understood why anyone would 'level' a truck. Bad gas mileage, doesn't look better to me. I could see lifting a truck for the look. Or if you off-road. But to level it? ewww.
I feel the same way especially if the truck is being driven like a car. When you start messing with the factory parts and specs can't see good things happening. The only thing I have ever done was to add timbrens due to carrying a truck camper full time.

OP
OP
A

akinney10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Hemi Laramie
If you’re having any trouble uploading pictures send me a PM and I will help you
Thanks so much for being one of the few people that responded with assistance and not criticism. I took my truck back to the 4x4 shop. They agreed the bounce was legit and determined that because I bought the truck used that the installation of the level put added stress on aging shocks. They are installing a Bilstein suspension kit which should fix it. Thanks again.

OP
OP
A

akinney10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Hemi Laramie
I installed a 2.5 inch level kit on my 2019 Laramie. I checked the headlight height on a wall before and after and it was virtually the same. I didn't notice any bounce. Some people here have the opinion that they don't like the look of a leveled truck. That's ok that is your opinion and if you like the "stink bug stance" of a truck being higher in the back then the front that is your right. Lol! Level kits are for the people that don't like that look and there must be plenty of those people as level kits are very popular.
Thank you. I like the truck look better with the level... even though I fielded quite a bit of criticism. We figured the problem to be the shocks and I am having a new suspension kit installed next week which should take care of it.

OP
OP
A

akinney10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Hemi Laramie
Well just an FYI... It wasn't the level, but the shocks. According to many, a level is a level. However, I am learning. My guy is installing a Bilstein suspension kit. BTW trashing people's parts and decisions is definately not helpful... some people can't afford things that others can (although I am fortunate) and some may not having the knowledge (that's me!).

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks so much for being one of the few people that responded with assistance and not criticism. I took my truck back to the 4x4 shop. They agreed the bounce was legit and determined that because I bought the truck used that the installation of the level put added stress on aging shocks. They are installing a Bilstein suspension kit which should fix it. Thanks again.
You’re welcome. We’re all here to learn and share knowledge. Rams are one of those trucks that are very picky with suspension components and also installing things exactly to instructions and it still turns out undesirable.
I’m assuming they will be installing the Bilstein 5100 series which are the tried and true go to for our trucks.