Cover King full Neoprene Seat Covers, installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I finally got my seat covers from Cover King (through Real Truck) and got them installed. These are the full Neoprene ones, not the cheaper "neosupreme". Supposed to be waterproof. I'm not going to test them out on purpose but they feel like they'd be waterproof.

I watched a CoverKing video on installing them, and can't say it was all that helpful, to be frank. The install was supposed to be for a 2019 Ram, but my covers didn't match the ones they did nor did the instructions they sent in the mail completely match the covers. Side note - I watched the video after I ordered my covers, and apparently they have a new video since then (the date says January 21, 2019). I watched this one this afternoon and it looks right, so I would watch this one if you get Coverking Neoprenes:

Overall, pretty easy install. I think it took me about 30 minutes total to do the install for two front seats. I think I will redo my headrests after watching the video, because I hooked the center first and then the sides and it seems like in the video it comes out a little tighter going the other route.

View media item 27061View media item 27057View media item 27056

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PS: Make sure if you do these that the air bag flaps are next to each door. The earlier video shows "Driver" and "Passenger" on the tag, but these don't specify. The air bag comes out of the side of the seat next to each door, so that opening needs to be next to the door. Otherwise, the covers look virtually identical driver to passenger.

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have heated seats? Curious if the heated seat was still felt? I'm looking at the same covers....

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have heated seats? Curious if the heated seat was still felt? I'm looking at the same covers....
I do have heated seats - and that was the first thing I tested when I got these installed! The heat works just fine through the covers - on the "high" setting it's still too hot for me. Maybe a hair cooler than without the seat covers but still made me want to turn off the heat.

Buck-One

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7l HEMI
I've been so close to pulling the trigger on a set of these for the front buckets of my 2016 1500. She's got just 18,000 on her and the interior is still nice, so I want to keep it that way. Thanks for sharing the pics, I think I am ready to buy.

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been so close to pulling the trigger on a set of these for the front buckets of my 2016 1500. She's got just 18,000 on her and the interior is still nice, so I want to keep it that way. Thanks for sharing the pics, I think I am ready to buy.

They're definitely not inexpensive covers, but I have learned over the years the hard way that seat covers are a lot cheaper than new upholstery :) . I've had them on now for about 2 weeks and they haven't budged, even with my wife doing the slip and slide off the passenger seat. Overall I'm impressed with them. They also add a little bit more padding to the seat itself, which has made the seat feel a little more plush. I haven't tested the waterproof ness of them - and I don't plan on it - but other than that I think they were worth what I paid.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They're definitely not inexpensive covers, but I have learned over the years the hard way that seat covers are a lot cheaper than new upholstery :) . I've had them on now for about 2 weeks and they haven't budged, even with my wife doing the slip and slide off the passenger seat. Overall I'm impressed with them. They also add a little bit more padding to the seat itself, which has made the seat feel a little more plush. I haven't tested the waterproof ness of them - and I don't plan on it - but other than that I think they were worth what I paid.

Did you pull the seats or install in the truck?

Alfonzo409

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Those look like nice covers, but for me, I will enjoy my nice seats. I paid for them and would like to enjoy them. I will take care of them and keep them nice as long as I can. When they look bad I will cover them up. Otherwise you cover them up to keep them nice for the next owner. I have similar covers on my 98 Wrangler (the factory seats were pretty worn). They have gotten wet plenty of times and the seats under stay dry.

Just my thoughts.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
good job. i have their truck cover i got off amazon. for a universal, it fits really well.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
You think these are the best form fitting seat cover? I want to cover my seats, but I want a real good form fitting cover that looks “factory” installed.

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those look like nice covers, but for me, I will enjoy my nice seats. I paid for them and would like to enjoy them. I will take care of them and keep them nice as long as I can. When they look bad I will cover them up. Otherwise you cover them up to keep them nice for the next owner. I have similar covers on my 98 Wrangler (the factory seats were pretty worn). They have gotten wet plenty of times and the seats under stay dry.

Just my thoughts.

:) Well, I am enjoying them and I am enjoying keeping the dirt, sawdust, fiberglass, drywall dust, and other bits of assorted debris that I pick up on job sites off of the seats and on the covers. That may be true, re: keeping the seats nice for the next guy, but there tends to be 10+ years between me and the next guy and that's a long time to look at crappy seats. Because I didn't do full covers on my last truck, I ended up having to do a reupholstery on both front seats at about the 10 year mark. Covers would have been way cheaper.

On a side note, the covers add some cushioning to the seat, which makes the seat a little more comfortable.

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You think these are the best form fitting seat cover? I want to cover my seats, but I want a real good form fitting cover that looks “factory” installed.
Well, I can't speak for other covers but I will say this: these don't move. I have had to tighten them once. If you didn't know they were covers, and weren't a car expert, you probably would never know the difference. The only hint that they're covers is the fold-over flaps on the headrest. Otherwise, everything else is tucked and tight and hugs the seat pretty hard.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Well, I finally got my seat covers from Cover King (through Real Truck) and got them installed. These are the full Neoprene ones, not the cheaper "neosupreme". Supposed to be waterproof. I'm not going to test them out on purpose but they feel like they'd be waterproof.

How long did it take to get your seat covers? I ordered mine a week ago from Cover King and haven't heard anything, except an email when I ordered them.

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I can't speak for other covers but I will say this: these don't move. I have had to tighten them once. If you didn't know they were covers, and weren't a car expert, you probably would never know the difference. The only hint that they're covers is the fold-over flaps on the headrest. Otherwise, everything else is tucked and tight and hugs the seat pretty hard.

I am currently looking for some for my 2019 Bighorn. Can you mention a price?

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am currently looking for some for my 2019 Bighorn. Can you mention a price?
I paid $240 for just the front seats. I almost never use the rear seats - I think I had passengers in the rear seats of my Titan maybe 15 times in 15 years - so I didn't bother buying the rear covers.

So far the covers are holding up very nicely almost a year into it, and I often have sawdust, dirt and other stuff on my workpants and thus on the covers. Mine could stand a cleaning at this point.

robman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 DT
Engine
Hemi
I have them in my 2500. The only drawback is they fade really bad and fast if parked where sun shines in a lot. But I do like them. I would get them for my new ram if they made brown.

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice review. I put these in my wife’s car and they’ve held up great for the last year and 24k miles. No fading issues at all. I may end up snagging another set - pricing through Costco is just $349 for both rows.

RAMan92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Damn those look nice! I definitely know my next modification. Thank you OP for this!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990