cracked dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabee67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Short story-
Looking for reccomendations for cracked dash fix?
I prefer a hard overlay or replacement for structual support.

Long winded version- Just bought a 2002 RAM, Ironically after looking at several used trucks, this particular truck was well maintained and one of the things that stood out was how great the dash looked. I didn't notice that there where actually some cracks and even a small chunk missing near a vent. After a quick search on the internet I found out I am not the only one with this issue by a long shot. I'm sure many people have dealt with this so looking for some reccomendations? Also, best option for less $$$ ;)

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Look at
Dashskin made in America ... Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
&
Coverlay Dash Cover
M149953358.jpg

OP
OP
Seabee67

Seabee67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Thats easy: Dashmat

Its not a hard cover, but it does a great job, at a super cheap price. I buy one for all my vehicles. The hot TX sun is murder on interiors.
Thanks, but I wanted a more rigid cover, if anything to hold together the existing dash. Normally I would just replace the whole thing, but not willing to spend $600. So far the Dashskin seems to be the best answer. The coverlay is a little pricy. Of course I'm looking at them on my screen not physically in front of me. Thanks for the response

Terry1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your dash is two piece (mine is a 2005) and just the front piece is cracked (part with the vents), and the other part looks good, I would just order the front piece from Dodge. I went through this-I was driving down the road and a vent just fell in, a few days later another crack showed up. Long story short I ordered a Dodge replacement front dash for around $150-160 and replaced the old one in 5 minutes. It just snaps out and in.
The old dash was the same color plastic all the way through, the new one was painted and is made from a different plastic.
It looks great and back to factory. The original bottom piece has held up great.
If the bottom dash is bad too, well I hope it is not.