Cupholders well lit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have seen a few threads about this, but they are quite long. I wanted to continue my interior "blue" theme so I went with a single blue LED for each cupholder. The cover comes off easily and a 1/4" hole down at the base at the back of each cupholder is the perfect location for the LED so that I don't get any direct light. I drilled a small hole into the console cubby and have the lites plugged into the 12 volt outlet. Clean and simple!20180623_215127.jpg

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You sir, are a genius. I'm gonna do this to my '16 Big Horn.
Not at all! I, like all of us here, are inspired by all the great mods we see others do. Just when I think there is nothing left to do, I see what others are doing and run with it. Thanks to all who inspire us!!!!!!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you give me a source for the LED and a better description than just 1 LED.
Thanks
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are they distractingly bright while driving? The"boss" has a chr.300 and her's are illuminated however I think they have a small slit either in the middle or at the top of the cup holder. They are not bright enough to distract you while driving.
Jay

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are they distractingly bright while driving? The"boss" has a chr.300 and her's are illuminated however I think they have a small slit either in the middle or at the top of the cup holder. They are not bright enough to distract you while driving.
Jay

I mounted mine at the bottom of each cupholder at the "6 o'clock" position. They are not visible to me or the front seat passenger, but do flood the cupholder nicely. "12 o'clock" is towards the dash and "6 o'clock" is towards the rear of the truck.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for the details.
Jay

redram99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
really like those lites but how did you connect to 12v outlet? did u remove it or what pics of hole u drilled

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
really like those lites but how did you connect to 12v outlet? did u remove it or what pics of hole u drilled

Once you have the cupholder shroud removed, you can drill a small hole into the console storage compartment. I then attached the wires to a 12 volt plug that plugs into the 12 volt outlet in the console compartment. I'd like to put an on/off switch somewhere, but haven't figured that part out yet. The lites are rated for 50,000 hours, so I am hoping that the lites outlast the truck. They are on whenever the ignition is in the "acc." or "run" position. Someone with more ambition than me could probably figure out a way to route the wire to a circuit that is on only when the lights are on.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would love to see more pics of the position and the wiring etc