Dash cluster screen stays lit after doors are closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_6814

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys,

I have a 2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn that is having trouble with the instrument cluster screen staying lit after the truck is off and the doors are closed. The drain left my batteries dead one morning, so it's been quite a nuissance. I found that the M13 fuse is what shuts the power off and resets it. But after driving it somewhere, the issue with the screen returns. I was wondering if anyone's ran into this issue before, and if someone might have a suggestion for how I can fix this problem. Thanks in advance!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know. ..but just as a shot in the dark, it would be worth checking the door jamb switches just to ensure it's good. Just takes a couple min ea. Truck might be thinking the door is always 'open'. If you have a good scan tool, that would tell you. But usually the door most used ...which is the driver's door. So just as quick to remove/test as hook up a scanner.

Last edited:

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know. ..but just as a shot in the dark, it would be worth checking the door jamb switches just to ensure it's good. Just takes a couple min ea. Truck might be thinking the door is always 'open'. If you have a good scan tool, that would tell you. But usually the door most used ...which is the driver's door. So just as quick to remove/test as hook up a scanner.
If this was the case, I would expect him to see a "door ajar" warning on the dash

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have an instrument cluster dimmer switch by the headlight switch, see if the dimming function is working that may be your problem.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Don't think it is the door sensor, if that was bad you would probably get the door icon lit up. To me, this sounds like a bad capacitor or relay, but I admit beyond that I don't have more to offer as I am not familiar with 2011 hardware. There was a recall on some 2014 1500 trucks for intermittent dash problems, it was a software fix. Not sure that is you, but share FWIW.

Good luck.