Diesel treatment or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IdahoDen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm a firm believer that you do not try to out do the design of the system. Living in SE Idaho where we have pretty cold winter conditions, the only treatment I use is Power Services anti-gelling treatment which is a staple out here.
And the product also claims to boost Cetane.

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel Treatment or Not? I have a 2018 3500, 4 wheel drive dually, diesel. Carry a camper with close to 5000 lbs. Some suggest diesel treatment others say No.! Thoughts, thanks
Always use diesel treatment. Always. Been driving a diesel POV since the late 70s VW Dasher, a couple of Benzes, and a couple of trucks. Never had gelling or other problems fuel related. I use Power Service Cetane plus anti gel - gives you an alleged 5 cetane boost if used as recommended. The price is right. Regardless, use something with a quality name attached. By the way, make certain you perform filter services such as condensate drain off and replace them on time. Don’t cheat.

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a firm believer that you do not try to out do the design of the system. Living in SE Idaho where we have pretty cold winter conditions, the only treatment I use is Power Services anti-gelling treatment which is a staple out here.
I have for about 30 years. No complaints from north central Montana to the mid Atlantic.

Bear0007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I’m not sure why you wouldn’t run any treatment, even if you don’t live in a state where it gets below freezing. ULS diesel has less lubricity than older diesel did. Look up project farm on YouTube, he tested regular ULS diesel and then ULS diesel with different additives. Hotshot secret actually provided more lubricity and was better at anti-gelling. It’s what I’ve used in my Cummins for years and personally feel like it helps with engine noise a little too.

Idahokid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We sell Howes and Power service.If you have a def system truck not all additives are dpf friendly.FPPF makes good products as well but Howes is used mostly here in North Idaho.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We also had some pretty cold conditions in MN, where I lived for 35 years. I never used any treatment up there. Didn't have to as the winter blend fuel had anti-gel in it. Never had an issue in my diesel trucks.

chaosh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I use the ArchOil 6500 Diesel additive on every fill up. Been doing it for some time so i cant really tell ya if it makes a difference or not. I do know that the Cetane in my area is low and that Diesel from the pump has no additives anyways. I figure a little wont hurt.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Worth a consideration..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906-235654_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906-235654_Chrome.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads