Do i have the wrong vararam part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo Brian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im reading through some vararam posts out of boredom and now im wondering if i got the wrong part for my truck? ive seen pictures of the vararam that look like this in a couple posts:

3DodgeRam1500VararamintakeIMG_0089EDIT_zps1926595a.jpg

and ive seen pictures like this one which is what mine looks like:

25834d1396628549t-how_install_vararam-photo_vararam_small.jpg

no, not the color :) see how on the first one there is a notch on the left side for the AC hoses in the bottom dam? the second pic is straight across. the poster of the second pic said he had trouble with binding due to the tight fit and i had the same problem. the hose pushes the bottom forward and was a real PITA to fit. i ended up sticking the bottom dam on the front of the top piece to give myself extra clearance. its still not a great fit but its worked ok the last few months. are there 2 versions of the vararam? seems like the first pic above is the better design.

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The pictures arent the best, but heres what mine looks like on my 2011. I had to do a little moving and triming to fit, but overall it was a quick and simple install. Hope this helps a little.

Attachments

• vararam front.jpg
    vararam front.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 104
  • vararam right side.jpg
    vararam right side.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 93

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The different wings you see are for the different model trucks. The 09-12 trucks use the wing you have on your truck, and the 2013+ trucks use the flat wing with the notches cut into the upper corners.