DO you believe putting new Injectors will improve mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
THIS IS my 2000 DODGE D2500 Extended DIESEL TR
SO do any of you believe replacing my injectors would help me get better mileage .
Now I worked at Chrysler / DODGE dealership for 10 years .& this 2000 year model was about the years we were seeing daily . We worked on 100 Dodge Diesels a week & ONLY ABOUT 25 of all the other models of cars & jeeps a week. I was a service advisor . But we never replaced an injector for fuel mileage .
............ Then my next job I worked for a Big Truck Parts & REPAIR .. I Ended up my career there driving to BFE chasing down odd parts . SO I've been to 2 or 300 part suppliers
But one of my favorite trips was to go to WACO because I'm started my career working for a parts supplier in WACO . & SOME time I got to eat dinner with some old friend or Old BOSS.
BUT I went to Triplet Injection Service a lot . & Got to visit with Steve the owner . As a lot of times I had to wait for my part to be tested . SO I GOT tovisit with them a lot.
He told me I needed to bring my truck into them & let them change the Injectors in it .
He said that the injectors were like spark plugs & needed to be change at about 150 to 200 k.
Well my truck at 365K & THEY NEVER BEEN CHANGED .
I went back & ask some of the tecks I worked with at Dodge .. They all said no way.
............ANY of you GUYS ever swap Injectors & get better mileage .
My 2000 2 wheel drive 24V DIESEL 3:55'S rear axle .Automatic 3rd transmission . each was changed to a different . None ever changed my mileage better or worse. But this last trans now may have 50K ON IT & iT'S THE BEST SHIFTING TRANS I'VE HAD.... THIS TRANS Has SCHAEFFER'S Synthetic Trans Fluid . & It just shifts better .
.....& I've put 2 rebuilt INJECTION PUMPS ON IT .
... But yes I keep new FUEL & AIR filters in it . It gets both about every 10K . & I EVEN RUN DIFFERENT FLUE ADDITIVES in it. BUT THE BEST MILEAGE i'VE EVER GOTTEN IS 18.6
MOST OF THE TIME I GET 13.5 TO 14.
PULLING out to New Mexico I get 8 & on the trip back home I get 11mpg down hill.
........so any thoughts .