Dodge Truck Interests bordering on the 'OCD' level ~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrgreenjeans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A neighbor while growing up on the farm, may have had something to do with this. He drove a fairly new 1950 high box side pickup in dark blue with black box and yellow painted wheels. As a child I was smitten with this beauty and would gaze at it as he and Dad would talk in the yard about farm stuff. I was maybe 6.

Then as I grew older another farm neighbor bought a new 1971 Adventurer in blue metallic..... it was the first Dodge I had seen with bucket seats, but not the first pickup seen with them. My uncles who farmed west of Winnipeg had an early C10 in white with red buckets and center console they had bought new in 1968.

Meanwhile Dad had bought a black D100 with blue interior, used from the local MOPAR dealership 12 miles away. It had a ride I had not experienced before, in fact quite comfortable. A 318 truck with 3 speed manual, it was a '68 and looked and drove like it was new.

Well, "stick a fork in it". Done and DONE.

------and wish I had every one of those old pickups today; yes, even that C10 with the big engine and beautiful interior (it was also an air-con truck), and seem to remember my uncle Melfort saying it was a 427.

My first Dodge I bought 35 years ago is a 1950 dually with fluid drive and 4 speed manual. Red with black box and high sides, yellow wheels. And from the original owner. Then came the Sweptsides and Sweptline from the late '50s, then the M37B1, Custom Sport Special, and a few vans, finally a Palomino.

I am working on a neighbor to get an 'abandoned DUDE' ...... then there are the Warlocks, and Californian to find.

oh, boy........ this is an itch which knows no scratch will help

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
They just don't make them like they used to! They make them crazy cost to repair, A co-worker just had to pay $8000 to get his transmission fixed in his 2500. Now he drives to work in a little Toyota in order to pay the bill. Learn to shift a 5 speed manual!

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
A neighbor while growing up on the farm, may have had something to do with this. He drove a fairly new 1950 high box side pickup in dark blue with black box and yellow painted wheels. As a child I was smitten with this beauty and would gaze at it as he and Dad would talk in the yard about farm stuff. I was maybe 6.

Then as I grew older another farm neighbor bought a new 1971 Adventurer in blue metallic..... it was the first Dodge I had seen with bucket seats, but not the first pickup seen with them. My uncles who farmed west of Winnipeg had an early C10 in white with red buckets and center console they had bought new in 1968.

Meanwhile Dad had bought a black D100 with blue interior, used from the local MOPAR dealership 12 miles away. It had a ride I had not experienced before, in fact quite comfortable. A 318 truck with 3 speed manual, it was a '68 and looked and drove like it was new.

Well, "stick a fork in it". Done and DONE.

------and wish I had every one of those old pickups today; yes, even that C10 with the big engine and beautiful interior (it was also an air-con truck), and seem to remember my uncle Melfort saying it was a 427.

My first Dodge I bought 35 years ago is a 1950 dually with fluid drive and 4 speed manual. Red with black box and high sides, yellow wheels. And from the original owner. Then came the Sweptsides and Sweptline from the late '50s, then the M37B1, Custom Sport Special, and a few vans, finally a Palomino.

I am working on a neighbor to get an 'abandoned DUDE' ...... then there are the Warlocks, and Californian to find.

oh, boy........ this is an itch which knows no scratch will help
Need some pics posted of your rides!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome.gif to Ram Forum, @mrgreenjeans.

And thanks for the great historical viewpoints on Dodge trucks. :cool:

I see that this thread is a couple of months old now. Hopefully, you're still enjoying your time here.

I see he joined 20th November and that's also the last activity date. Happy trails.

Last edited: