Downshift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msw1382

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Love the truck. The only thing that gets to me is the god awful downshift when braking or even going downhill. If you tap the brake the truck assumes you want to come to a hard slow, downshifts, and holds the lower gear. It's infuriating.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
My '18 doesn't do that at all. I have the 8 spd too, I have to manually downshift to get the engine to slow me down. Might be a differance in the diesel vs the hemi, but it has not been my experience at all.

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my cummins i have the exhaust brake on all the time and manually shift through the gears with the buttons, i don't experience any issues like that

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Mine does it once in a while when coming to a stop.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love the truck. The only thing that gets to me is the god awful downshift when braking or even going downhill. If you tap the brake the truck assumes you want to come to a hard slow, downshifts, and holds the lower gear. It's infuriating.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
U have the Etorque?

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I had a few wonky downshifts when I first got my truck while the transmission was learning. Now it's fine. The etorque doesn't have hard downshifts. You do feel the regen at times when braking. It kind of takes the coasting away when coming to a stop.

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've drove both Etorque and non etorque and the non Etorque brakes like a normal truck. My etorque rebel brakes hard. Sometimes I just hold the back pedal just so my brake lights turn on but I'm not even putting enough pressure to brake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovtra