Electronic Braking issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devinj234

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone so I had electrical issues with my truck previously and I managed to get all that crap fixed. However, when I seem to start it up and drive off it immediately throws up “service trailer brake system”, “service electronic braking system”, “service antilock brake system” all in that order. With the ABS light and the traction control light on as well as the “brake” light as if my emergency brake is on. Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• IMG_4258.png
    IMG_4258.png
    503.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4259.png
    IMG_4259.png
    476.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 2

Bighorn18

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L turbo
More often it's an electronic issue than a mechanical one. The Electronic sensor for the HCU/ABS brake system connection can get dirty and cause a shortage. It's connected to the front of the HCU module. It's located behind the driver side front wheel well and under a protective plastic cover above the left brake system. The HCU module has like 6 lines to it. Anyway, remove the wheel well cover and lift up the front part of the plastic cover to get to the electronic sensor plug that is attached to the front of the HCU module. Disconnect the plug and check for dirt and debris within the cap and around the electric prongs. You'll have to unlock the tab on the sensor cover to be able to unplug the female end of connection. Either gently blow it out with an air hose or tap it out. Plug the sensor back on the HCU module. This should resolve the warning display alarms if that was the cause.

Last edited: