For All You Fans Of Oversize Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Atcer2018 LOL keep using Google drone. "Indicative of vehicular traffic in the real world" hahahahahahahahahaha. I was in the real world and those where real people. I never said wealthy persons modified their cars cheaply. You should look-up Gumball3000 up - there's Shieks, people with Diplomatic Immunity, Princes, Recording Artists, Stars, and regular Joe's.

Modified cars are for those who didn't buy the right vehicle to begin with or suck at driving. Enjoy your 3.6.

You should get out of large cities and DC is a sewer.
Drone? Why because your worst traffic claim was wrong? Ok, sure. Whether it’s a sewer or not it has traffic problems rivaling the worst in the country. All that aside it has a lot of vehicles and a metro area of 2 million people also has a lot of vehicles. What these examples don’t have are sheiks, diplomats, recording artists and stars modifying cars nor do they have wheels flying off cars like you originally stated was a common occurrence. I don’t need to look up a Gumball3000 or any other niche group/rally/gathering it’s not indicative of the common traffic you find on American roads. Thank you, I do enjoy my 3.6 as it fits my needs perfectly. When you modified cars prior to understanding personality disorders did you not buy the right vehicles or did you suck at driving?

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You guys do know that the tire guy in a shop is the lowest paid, lowest skilled person there, right? As long as that is the case, these things will happen, sad to say.
That kind of thing happens at Mercedes too, doesn't matter what they pay you. If you have the job then it's your responsibility, period, no matter if you get $3/hr or $300/hr!!!

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
That kind of thing happens at Mercedes too, doesn't matter what they pay you. If you have the job then it's your responsibility, period, no matter if you get $3/hr or $300/hr!!!
Mercedes doesn't pay any differently than any other brand, as far as techs go. The well-trained guys get the top dollar, the low-trained monkeys get the scrap money. The higher-paid guys usually got to that level because they DON'T do things like this. You're paid what you're worth...And tire busters are a dime a dozen, because you can pretty much train a monkey to do it...

Okie345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The front ends on those Chevys are junk, they were improved in 2011, I've only seen things like this happen on the early 90s and up ifs. they can barely handle 35s before the 6" inch lift and crap cv angles. They break the aluminum transfer case adaptor without a brace among other things. Had a lady in a 90s model Chevy 1500 have a tie rod end let go mid turn with a 6 foot drop off. probably 6 months ago no telling how many miles or condition but it's always seem to be a Chevy involved.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I had a one ton diesel Ford for 20 years. I rebuilt the front end at 165 k miles with all Moog parts with grease fittings. It is still going down the road pulling heavy things. The truck is in the stock configuration.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All this attention and no one's yet mentioned the lack of CV parts still attached to the hub. I'd venture a guess they pulled the CV's due to vibration or inability to afford new correct CV's after the lift. Lack of bearing preload and the big giant-assed shaft that runs through the hub is what caused the bearing to fail. But just a guess.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
All this attention and no one's yet mentioned the lack of CV parts still attached to the hub. I'd venture a guess they pulled the CV's due to vibration or inability to afford new correct CV's after the lift. Lack of bearing preload and the big giant-assed shaft that runs through the hub is what caused the bearing to fail. But just a guess.
What makes you think it was a 4X4,you can't tell by the video whethers it's a 2 wd with a lift or a 4X4 with a lift.
BTW on a 4th Gen 1500,the 2 wd's and 4X4's use the exact same front hub,so you can run a 4X4 1500 with-out the front CV's with no issues

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just saw this today. My first thoughts were on the truck like every one else here... then enjoying the verbal light sabres. But then I watched the shoebox take the initial hit followed by the pile driver/body slam. That POJ did a great job protecting the folks inside.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990