General inspection cost from dealer for FCA warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEGAVITES

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just wondering what others have paid to have a used Ram inspected as part of the requirement for the Mopar protection plans (Zeigler) i've read about here.
Living in the Northeast, i think prices are a little higher but wanted to get an idea before dealer goes thru whole checklist (exterior, interior, undercarriage etc)
thanks

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got a Mopar extended warranty on my 18 2500, which I bought as a used truck. No inspection requirement at all. I did not buy it from Ziegler, but it was another online Mopar dealer that sold the Max Care plan.

OP
OP
M

MEGAVITES

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
could you share online dealer you went thru?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Curious what is the average cost of adding a extended warranty of a used RAM ?
Has anyone used them for any repairs?
How well did they work ?

Thanks

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Average cost is hard to say, since there are a lot variables. Model of the truck, length of time, deductible and mileage. Maybe $1500 to $3000?

Last edited:

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
adding a extended warranty of a used RAM ?
Keep in mind there are limitations to when one can be purchased. I believe you still have to be under your factory 5/60 in order to do it and the cost might even creep up the closer you get to the end.

And, of course, there's the normal warranty "no modifications" thing so the "inspection" is really more when you have a problem. Basically, they'll be happy to take your money for the warranty and then deny you coverage later. It definitely adds a layer of complexity/risk when buying used. You are at the mercy of what the previous owner did. Whether visible or not.

As for the FCA warranties in general I've been VERY pleased and have benefited greatly on mine over nearly 10 years (engine, transmission, manifold bolts, 8.4 radio and a couple other smaller things).

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my Ram new so the inspection was not required but I bought a used 2015 Challenger in September and had to have the inspection to purchase a Max Care warranty for it. I bought the warranty online and the seller sent me the required form by email. The inspection for the Challenger ran me $199. Apparently the same form is used for all vehicles since it has line items for 4x4 drive and transfer case so the cost may vary for a different vehicle.

After having the inspection done I contacted the dealer selling the warranty and he told me to keep that record with my copy of the warranty. That shows that there were no pre existing conditions with the vehicle. I buy all of my warranties from Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep in Kalamazoo MI.
[email protected]
269-385-1116

Attached is a copy of the inspection form.

Attachments

• 2015-02 VEHICLE INSPECTION[5502].pdf
    248 KB · Views: 11

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep in mind there are limitations to when one can be purchased. I believe you still have to be under your factory 5/60 in order to do it and the cost might even creep up the closer you get to the end.

And, of course, there's the normal warranty "no modifications" thing so the "inspection" is really more when you have a problem. Basically, they'll be happy to take your money for the warranty and then deny you coverage later. It definitely adds a layer of complexity/risk when buying used. You are at the mercy of what the previous owner did. Whether visible or not.

As for the FCA warranties in general I've been VERY pleased and have benefited greatly on mine over nearly 10 years (engine, transmission, manifold bolts, 8.4 radio and a couple other smaller things).
No, one can buy a new extended plan for a used RAM with mileage being as much as 100K on it, but you will pay the price for one thru MOPAR. I did a 2017 Sport Crews Cab with 52K, 4X4 5.7, 3.91 rear ratio, etc. etc. Direct thru RAM it cost me $2895. Bumper=to=bumper. And you can buy with monthly payments or straight up. Again, bought directly with MOPAR on the phone thru their website call-in number. Cheers

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, one can buy a new extended plan for a used RAM with mileage being as much as 100K on it, but you will pay the price for one thru MOPAR. I did a 2017 Sport Crews Cab with 52K, 4X4 5.7, 3.91 rear ratio, etc. etc. Direct thru RAM it cost me $2895. Bumper=to=bumper. And you can buy with monthly payments or straight up. Again, bought directly with MOPAR on the phone thru their website call-in number. Cheers
That was for another 5 year/75K plan.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
When was this?
I looked into one for my '20 3500 and they wanted almost $6,000, and that was through the big discounters that everybody lists on here.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
just wondering what others have paid to have a used Ram inspected as part of the requirement for the Mopar protection plans (Zeigler) i've read about here.
Living in the Northeast, i think prices are a little higher but wanted to get an idea before dealer goes thru whole checklist (exterior, interior, undercarriage etc)
thanks
You can but direct from Mopar and have 2 years interest free to pay for it. That's what I did.

Rockyko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought mine straight from Chrysler **** care for 5 year 75,000 miles for $4,150 I no if I had shopped around I could have saved a few bucks but then like Ziegler have to go to dealership for inspection service really don’t have time for that so it’s done . Good luck to others buying warranty

sailfishcc13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Do you have the link you used for the purchase? Did you have to do an inspection?