Good dealer to buy from (anywhere in US)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have some specific options I want in a used Ram 2500, but I'm having a hard time finding the right truck, in the right color, low miles, etc. And the search is exhausting me. Does anyone know a good dealer that will help in the search?

Worsecase.....who would be a good dealer to talk to about new Rams? I find it hard to trust any of them.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For the used option you are seeking, try something like CarMax and extend the seach area. Also cars.com and do unlimited miles from your zip code. Still going to have to dig in to each one that interests you to find exact options. I don't know of a used car search option to sort by options, but sure somebody must have built one. Good luck.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
A third vote for Mark Dodge for a new vehicle. I went through AnthonyRI who is a preferred vendor here and had a great experience. Thomas Loupe at Mark Dodge was also great to work with. I picked up the vehicle in Lake Charles so I can't speak to their delivery process.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don Franklin Dodge Somerset KY

only dealer i've ever walked away from not feeling screwed

AnthonyRI

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone who mentioned Mark Dodge!
@miketx I'd be happy to help, feel free to email me what your spec's are you need to [email protected]

Used truck values are sliding a little, but it's still high enough that if you have a specific set of parameters you want, it might be close enough to new pricing (with proper discounts and rebates of course) to justify the leap. Happy to explore it with you to see what comes through!

OP
OP
miketx

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the used option you are seeking, try something like CarMax and extend the seach area. Also cars.com and do unlimited miles from your zip code. Still going to have to dig in to each one that interests you to find exact options. I don't know of a used car search option to sort by options, but sure somebody must have built one. Good luck.
Yeah, I've been doing that, but the auto level rear suspension is damn hard to find, and many times the dealers don't even list it. I have to print up a window sticker from the VIN to find out. It's exhausting. Oh well, I'll just keep trying.

OP
OP
miketx

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the kind words everyone who mentioned Mark Dodge!
@miketx I'd be happy to help, feel free to email me what your spec's are you need to [email protected]

Used truck values are sliding a little, but it's still high enough that if you have a specific set of parameters you want, it might be close enough to new pricing (with proper discounts and rebates of course) to justify the leap. Happy to explore it with you to see what comes through!
Thanks...I'll reach out. And yeah....I've noticed how close some used vs new pricing is. It was similar when we bought the Rebel (used) back in 2018, but I couldn't find a new Rebel with the options I wanted (namely 3.92 rear and extended range fuel tank), and I didn't want to wait on an order.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah, I've been doing that, but the auto level rear suspension is damn hard to find, and many times the dealers don't even list it. I have to print up a window sticker from the VIN to find out. It's exhausting. Oh well, I'll just keep trying.
You could consider an aftermarket solution. Perhaps with it not integrated into the whole system you could find a few less problems down the road(?). That would open more trucks up to fit your purpose. Maybe try a search on this forum as I believe others have discussed such options in the past. I can't speak to whether this is a good alternative, last adjustable suspension I had was in a '73 El Camino.

OP
OP
miketx

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could consider an aftermarket solution. Perhaps with it not integrated into the whole system you could find a few less problems down the road(?). That would open more trucks up to fit your purpose. Maybe try a search on this forum as I believe others have discussed such options in the past. I can't speak to whether this is a good alternative, last adjustable suspension I had was in a '73 El Camino.
I've thought of that. I installed Airlift bags in a previous tow vehicle (FJ Cruiser...much smaller trailer to tow). They worked great and could be inflated with a tiny compact bicycle pump, and the install was pretty easy. But there are a few neat tricks with a factory air suspension (lower the rear and hold, etc) that make it pretty cool. We'll see.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure how they are as of late, but there was a place in Idaho named Dennis Dillon that used to sell a lot of 2500's all over the country. I remember reading a lot of members on here buying from them. I have no personal experience, just second hand from reading on here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat